Another hug quilt request

Old January 24th 05, 02:36 PM
Karen Johnson

Default Another hug quilt request

Guys,

I hope this doesn't seem presumptuous ... I've been back in rctq for --
what, less than 48 hours? -- and I already have a hug request.

Everybody hear about the La Conchita slide south of Santa Barbara? The
one where people were killed in mudslides, and more people lost their
houses? I just learned from friends that the owners of Folk Mote
Music, a lovely folk music/acoustic music store in Santa Barbara, had
their La Conchita house and all their belongings destroyed by mud.
They're homeless, one of them is in the hospital, and the other is
pretty banged up.

The grapevine tells me that there will be a fundraising concert at some
point, put on by local musicians and their friends. But I thought a
hug quilt would be just the ticket ...

And I don't want this to conflict with Joanna Passmore's request for a
hug quilt for her poor neighbors. If you only have time to do one or
two blocks, send 'em to Joanna -- she came first!

But if you have time to knock off another one or two, I'd love the
contributions.

Requirements: 6-1/2" unfinished. Any color scheme - you pick.
Something cheerful! Music-oriented if you like, but not necessary.

Deadline: March 1, 2005. Sorry for the short deadline, but I'm stuck
-- I'm going back to California a month later, and I need time to put
the quilt together so I can take it with me and give it to 'em at the
store when I'm home.

Mailing: Please email me at , and I'll mail you my
postal address.

Thanks so much for even considering this!
Karen Johnson

Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Mini B.C. quilt shop tour shhdesigns Quilting 13 September 15th 04 04:03 AM
Gifting a "used" quilt? KI Graham Quilting 13 September 6th 04 07:18 PM
quilt progress and a quilt story..a bit long, and with a question CNYstitcher Quilting 4 September 30th 03 03:48 AM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM