folded star quilt pattern

Old March 19th 04, 03:20 PM
linda

Default folded star quilt pattern

Hello group,
I am looking for a ( folded star quilt or pillow top pattern). I have
been looking everywhere for this pattern.The last time i saw it was in
the 80s. my mom bought it a wall-mart and she taught me to make my
first pillow. i havnt seen it since. I am now interested in learning
to quilt. I am very new (only about 6 month now) and wanting to find
something easy to make my first quilt. my hope is to give this folded
star quilt to my mom next christmas.
If anyone can help me with finding this i would greatly appreciate it.
ps. i already have the folded star christmas tree decoration.i couldnt
figure out how to make this into a block.
Thank you
linda
Old March 19th 04, 03:53 PM
Lizzy Taylor

linda wrote:
Hello group,
I am looking for a ( folded star quilt or pillow top pattern). I have
been looking everywhere for this pattern.The last time i saw it was in
the 80s. my mom bought it a wall-mart and she taught me to make my
first pillow.

Off the top of my head I would suggest searchng for Somerset patchwork.

Sorry don't have any bookmarked sites to hadn.

HTH

Lizzy

--
Lizzy Taylor
Heywood, Lancashire, UK 53:36:00N 2:06:00E

Old March 19th 04, 07:37 PM
Mosiacquilter

Is this the one ?
Sue

http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/FoldedStarBlock.html

" I am looking for a ( folded star quilt or pillow top pattern). I have

Old March 20th 04, 12:00 AM
nzl*

some to check out here, Linda.

http://www.acornhillquilts.com/8pointstar.htm
http://www.acornhillquilts.com/starfqs.htm
oops, wrong ones, sorry but still fun to see so i'll leave them.

http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/FoldedStarBlock.html
this one is not really folded just appears to be that way.
oh poop, i'm still looking though.

http://www.everythingquilts.com/fold...r_ornament.htm
finally. this shows over a styrofoam ball but tis the same procedure.
uh oh, just saw end of your msg saying u got this one and need info how to
use it in a quilt.
will be heavy in a very big quilt, just something to consider.

this might help, its a .pdf file so takes a few mintues to download, be
patient.
http://www.craftcreations.co.uk/Proj...chworkStar.pdf

dont forget we wanna see whatcha make, so pix online somewhere, eh.
if i find anymore i'll post'em.
hth,
jeanne
you lot are keeping me busy today, quilt show tomorrow then. too late now
as dd and her b/f just left with a trailer load of 'stuff' heading down to
wellington to live, there goes the intelligent convo in this house, sigh...
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old March 21st 04, 02:10 PM
linda

"nzl*" wrote in message ...
[...]

Thank you to all that responded to my post. i finally figured out how
to see my message and the responses. this group is wonderful and very
helpful.
thanks again
linda
Old April 6th 04, 06:28 PM
linda

(linda) wrote in message . com...
"nzl*" wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks again for all your help, I made my folded star quilt block and
it turned out beautiful. although i have to work on my color skills.
color combining is not one of my stronger skills.
i received my gift yesterday and thank you it is very beautiful. i
know just what to do with it. im making a dresden plate quilt and it
will make a beautiful addition to the quilt.
being on webtv. i cant send pic of star block but will get hubby to
take pic n his computer later and will send asap.
linda in TN