candlewicking floss

Old June 7th 12, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default candlewicking floss

ok - working on very very old UFO that uses a lot of "candlewicking
floss". I'm wondering if there is any real reason no to frog everything
I've done already and substitute something like a similar size and color.

This is supposed a be a "cotton floss" but is not acting like it. Its
someplace between a floche and a pearl cotton. Some twisting but not as
tight as a pearl. This stuff in the kit is shredding

Cheryl
Old June 9th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

if its shreding, i doubt its real candlewicking. frog and start over
is my opinion.

Old June 9th 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

have done so and picked a similarly size (and color) pearl cotton.
Don't' have a local source and this will work

Old June 11th 12, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:07:48 PM UTC-4, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
ok - working on very very old UFO that uses a lot of "candlewicking
floss". I'm wondering if there is any real reason no to frog everything
I've done already and substitute something like a similar size and color.

This is supposed a be a "cotton floss" but is not acting like it. Its
someplace between a floche and a pearl cotton. Some twisting but not as
tight as a pearl. This stuff in the kit is shredding

Cheryl

You know I hadn't given candlewicking much thought lately. But the DMC floche should work nicely.

In case you're interested there is a lady who is a member of our Guild who sells kits. (Side note: she's a member that I've never met.)

You can view her stuff he https://howesneedlework.com/

Donna in Virginia

Source for candlewicking floss Cheryl Isaak Needlework 9 February 18th 09 06:15 PM
candlewicking njk Needlework 2 May 29th 08 02:41 PM
Candlewicking help please njk Quilting 1 May 29th 08 01:37 PM
White work or candlewicking bdiane Needlework 4 June 15th 05 05:39 AM
Candlewicking sally Needlework 5 March 12th 04 01:13 PM