OT... but important

Old July 11th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shawn

Default OT... but important

I'm skeptical as well. We use it with ourkids because it's so handy.
It goes in the car, the diaper bag, etc. and is better than nothing
when water isn't available. Although I'm still not sure why it's
needed in the classroom.

Old July 11th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

I am guessing it is because it is quicker and easier than having 20+
children washing their hands before snacks, lunch etc., and young children
do not always wash well after using the restroom.
Marilyn
oups.com...

Old July 11th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Wet a towel or two , put in a nylon bag and it is useful to wipe hands
faces etc,,,, mirjam

I am guessing it is because it is quicker and easier than having 20+
children washing their hands before snacks, lunch etc., and young children
do not always wash well after using the restroom.
Marilyn
roups.com...

Old July 12th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jul 11, 3:49 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 10, 3:52 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
snip of warnings about hand sanitizer

I tend to avoid them anyhow, Gem, unless I have a sneezing kind of
cold. They are not good for your skin - very drying. As long as you wash
your hands regularly, you shouldn't need them.

Matthew and I were just talking the other day about a pet store that I like
to drop in to visit from time to time... gotta see little baby puppies once
in a while, you know, even though my Casper makes my heart smile. )
Anyway, they don't want people touching the puppies anymore. They used to
have a bottle of the hand sanitizer stuff right beside the cages with a sign
that asked people to use the stuff before touching the puppies so they
wouldn't get sick from any germs you might bring in with you. I was
wondering if perhaps the puppies started getting sick from people actually
using the stuff, considering that most baby puppies are teething and love to
chew on fingers. *shrug* Just a thought.

That could be.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 12th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jul 11, 12:41 pm, Shawn wrote:
I'm skeptical as well. We use it with ourkids because it's so handy.
It goes in the car, the diaper bag, etc. and is better than nothing
when water isn't available. Although I'm still not sure why it's
needed in the classroom.

I use wet wipes in the car.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 13th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Shawn" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm skeptical as well. We use it with ourkids because it's so handy.
It goes in the car, the diaper bag, etc. and is better than nothing
when water isn't available. Although I'm still not sure why it's
needed in the classroom.

I actually prefer the damp wipes (which I know also have alcohol in/on
them), or even just a damp face cloth taken along in a plastic bag, to the
sanitizer.... but that is just my own personal preference. I will use the
sanitizer when necessary though.

Gemini

Old July 13th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Shawn" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm skeptical as well. We use it with ourkids because it's so handy.
It goes in the car, the diaper bag, etc. and is better than nothing
when water isn't available. Although I'm still not sure why it's
needed in the classroom.

I actually prefer the damp wipes (which I know also have alcohol in/on
them), or even just a damp face cloth taken along in a plastic bag, to the
sanitizer.... but that is just my own personal preference. I will use the
sanitizer when necessary though.

Gemini

A daughter once took a grandson, when a toddler, to a college concert where
his auntie was playing. I didn't think it was a good idea and it wasn't, he
became fidgety and noisy. I took him over and gave him a wet wipe to play
with, in the absence of aything else. He sat happily chewing it for the rest
of the performance - but didn't show any ill-effects.

Mary

Old July 13th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Not Likely wrote:
"Marilyn" fcorliss at comcast dot net wrote in message
. ..
I am also extremely skeptical of this story.

snipped
Anyway- considering the problems it can cause, I would hope that a teacher
closely supervises a young child anytime a hand gel is used.

Yes, you would think that anything a child could potentially put in their
mouths that *might* have problems with it, would be supervised carefully by
teachers. I can remember a couple of kids I went to school with eating
paste (that thick white stuff) and the teachers telling them to stop. I had
a *tiny* bit on my fingers one day (when I was little I *hated* getting
anything on my hands and had to wash them off (actually I *still* hate
having my hands sticky)... my Mom used to put a pan of water outside for me
while I was making mudpies. LOL) and touched it to my tongue to see what
the attraction was... it was pretty gross as I remember, so I have no idea
why some kids liked eating the stuff. p~~

Because it was wintergreen-flavored! If they didn't want kids to eat
it, they shouldn't have packaged it with a candy flavor. Personally I
ate tons of it in first & second grade.
Old July 15th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

YarnWright wrote:
spampot spun a FINE 'yarn':

Because it was wintergreen-flavored! If they didn't want kids to eat it,
they shouldn't have packaged it with a candy flavor. Personally I ate tons
of it in first & second grade.

end quoted

spampot. . .
OMG, ME TOO!
Noreen
First and second grade at Charles Gates Dawes, 81st and Hamlin, Chicago, IL

First & second at Resurrection in East Lansing, MI; then we moved home
to Champaign-Urbana (St. Matthews) for two years, back to Resurrection
for two more! (but I think by then we had ceased to be given paste for
Art class) then out to the East Coast to old St. Mary's in Alexandria, Va...

OT (but important) monique Quilting 4 July 18th 06 11:17 PM
OT but very important anyways Mystified One Beads 6 August 31st 05 05:07 AM
OT but very important anyways Mystified One Quilting 10 August 30th 05 11:51 PM
OT - but important... Gemini Yarn 55 August 21st 05 06:06 PM
not that important CNYstitcher Quilting 2 August 7th 05 02:23 PM