YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Old June 12th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Vintage Purls wrote:
On Jun 12, 4:50 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
So let me get this right - you have to pay a premium for yarn that
shrinks and fades? ;-)

No, you are paying a premium for yarn that *looks and acts just like
denim does*. And it's just a little pair of baby jeans *shrug*.

I'm just teasing you Melinda. :-)

I see. Well, after I washed my brand-new dishcloth and it shrunk and
faded, the thought passed my mind that maybe I shouldn't have spent the
money on that yarn but instead just used S&C yarn and might have gotten
the same result for cheaper, except that it is worsted weight yarn LOL.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old June 12th 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO requested
(smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the scrubby-sponges he
is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the road......

More information, please?

Mary

Old June 12th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO requested
(smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the scrubby-sponges he
is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the road......

More information, please?

I'd be glad to give you more information if you tell me what you want
more information on. I'm sort of desperately overworked and underslept
right now, and my interpretive skills are rather weak at this moment.

Old June 12th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
DAB wrote:
Man, these skeins are sure TINY, though..... no wonder it takes 3 of
them to make baby jeans.

Ok sheesh......I lost the post about the yarn so what is called and
where did you order it fromG

It's called Rowan Denim and I got it from yarnmarket.com. It's 100%
cotton yarn that evidently is designed to shrink JUST like blue jeans.
But at roughly $6 for a 50-gram skein, you probably don't want to knit
yourself blue jeans with it LOL.

Ok thanks......and no I would not want to knit myself a pair of
jeans......would bankrupt me!

Donna

Old June 12th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

wrote:
So let me get this right - you have to pay a premium for yarn that
shrinks and fades? ;-)

No, you are paying a premium for yarn that *looks and acts just like
denim does*. And it's just a little pair of baby jeans *shrug*.

I'm just teasing you Melinda. :-)

I remember when the fad was jeans that looked like bleach had been used to
make white splotches....and were 100 dollars each.

Old June 12th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:
So let me get this right - you have to pay a premium for yarn that
shrinks and fades? ;-)
No, you are paying a premium for yarn that *looks and acts just like
denim does*. And it's just a little pair of baby jeans *shrug*.

I'm just teasing you Melinda. :-)

I see. Well, after I washed my brand-new dishcloth and it shrunk and
faded, the thought passed my mind that maybe I shouldn't have spent the
money on that yarn but instead just used S&C yarn and might have gotten
the same result for cheaper, except that it is worsted weight yarn LOL.

You could try that.... Use larger needles and knit a smaller size...?

But I'm sure the Rowan yarn will be very nice.

sue
Old June 14th 07, 11:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote
in message ...
WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO
requested (smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the
scrubby-sponges he is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the
road......

More information, please?

I'd be glad to give you more information if you tell me what you want more
information on. I'm sort of desperately overworked and underslept right
now, and my interpretive skills are rather weak at this moment.

Oh, I'm sorry :-) I shouldn't have asked that without reading the other
posts in the thread, they told me everything.

I hope you feel better soon,

Mary

Old June 14th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Oh, I'm perfectly healthy. I am just having a more chaotic than usual
week this week (dental appointments, sick dog needing surgery, etc.)
after a more chaotic than usual week last week (major software problems
on my computer that cut my productivity to about 60% of normal, and the
work volume never slows) that is forcing me to work at more
unconventional hours than my usual crazy hours.

I am starting to wonder if this is going to happen so often that I need
to recalibrate what I consider "normal," LOL.

Mary Fisher wrote:
I'd be glad to give you more information if you tell me what you want more
information on. I'm sort of desperately overworked and underslept right
now, and my interpretive skills are rather weak at this moment.

Oh, I'm sorry :-) I shouldn't have asked that without reading the other
posts in the thread, they told me everything.

I hope you feel better soon,

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

Denim weight, non-denim fabric. Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send Sewing 20 January 28th 06 08:08 AM
Denim for you Ellison Quilting 7 January 13th 06 12:29 AM
A question about denim Marcia Smith aka ThreadHead Quilting 8 May 28th 05 09:40 PM
Denim Handbags [email protected] General Crafting 0 April 16th 05 07:15 AM
rug out of denim Julia in MN Quilting 3 March 28th 05 05:59 PM