Botched Efforts

Old June 14th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

Default Botched Efforts

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 10, 3:42 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Vintage ,, ig=f you have plenty ,, WHY NOT DO something with THEM
yourself ,?, mirjam

Oh I don't really have "plenty". But I have a few, and I do have the
best of intentions of finishing them. If I really think a project
isn't working out I tend to undo it and save the yarn for something
else. But I did just inherit a number of my mother's unfinished
projects and I'm feeling a little crowded by plastic bags with
knitting needles poking out of them.

VP

After my mom passed in '99 I found a number of her UFO's. I spent the
better part of 2000, 2001 finishing her projects. It was really healing,
you know. I felt very close to her while I worked.

Murielle

Old June 15th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I have one sunday each month that is REPAIR and FInnish stuff day ,,,
you might try that !! [ Sunday here is a working day mot a weekend day
] .
mirjam

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I have a big See through Plastic jar in which i keep all kinds of
knitted pieces swatches etc,,, always can be used in other works !!!!
mirjam

Absolutely right! You never know when they'll come in handy. I have a lot
of UFO's ... mine tend to be scattered though. One of these years I'm going
to make it my goal to finish them all. I did that once and had a wonderful
time finishing things I hadn't touched in years and years.

Murielle

A friend once told me that she never discarded half-done projects, or

things
that hadn't turned out right. She saved them and used them for creating
sweaters and knitted clothing for dolls she made. She would also pick up
any half-done projects that sometimes fine their way into garage sales or
thrift stores.

So, we don't have to rip 'em down after all.

Murielle

Old June 15th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I'm glad you shared that with us Murielle. When my mom passed away,
my dad gave me 6 huge plastic bags full of moms yarn. In one of them,
I found 12 balls of teal blue and varigated teals/blues yarn already
wound up into balls ready to be used. When I thought about it, one of
the last times I talked to mom, she had mentioned making my older
brother an afghan and we decided what colours he liked best. I know
it was the yarn for Jims afghan, mom wanted to make sure we all had an
afghan that she had made (to remember her by, I'm sure). Well, I made
up that afghan, in the ripple pattern that mom always used. I had to
hurry because dad was flying out to see my brother for his birthday.
I had it finished in 2 1/2 weeks! (I work full time so it was a
challenge but worth it. I could just imagine mom looking *down* and
being happy that my brother got his afghan after all! And I felt good
about doing it, it was one last thing I could do for mom.
Marie and the cats

Old June 15th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Same here! Sunday=workday.

I will try that. It sounds like a good idea. Usually, on Sundays I shop or
cook. (Make big batches so I can freeze, store and eat when needed.)

Murielle

Old June 16th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Marie ithin k you did a wonderful thing , whioch we call Mitzwa or a
last good deed you do for those not with us anymore , thus you did it
not to gain something Just To GIVE something ...
May you always remeber your good times with your MOM . mirjam

Old June 16th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

What a wonderful thing to do, Marie. I'm so glad you shared your story
with us. What you did is so special. Not just for your brother, but for
you ... and for your mother, too.

Hugs,
Murielle

Old June 16th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

No here it is a Normal Official work day ,,, not an At home weekend
workday ,, we have our free day on the Shabat
mirjam

Old June 17th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Yeah, here it's down to personal choice. Stores are open every day,
business goes on everyday. There really is no official day of rest anymore.

I prefer to keep Friday eve/Saturday as a day of rest.

Murielle

Old June 17th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Murielle Israel being a Jewish state has the Shabat Saturday as
official rest day and we START the Working days on Sunday ,,,
mirjam