THE DIRECTORY. MY FINAL WORD

Old May 8th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
niasha

Default THE DIRECTORY. (MY) your FINAL WORD

I've got your addy!--
Niasha
If it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger!

Butterfly (who also is not in the Directory by choice. So far folks have
been able to get my addy even after I've moved again and again and again

Old May 8th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
niasha

Default THE DIRECTORY. MY FINAL WORD

Txs Sally. I joined in 1998/1999.
--
Niasha
If it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger!ally

Actually Niasha has been around since 2002, and was in the 2005 directory
(the first I had), but missed the 2006 one when life must have got in the
way.

Just a thought, would it be a help if the Directory Form had a little
space for giving a date of the last time you appeared in a directory, or
something similar. This would assist the person compiling the directory to
check if the person applying was a newbie, or a long-term member who had
not posted much recently. They would have a place to start their check.

With so many names, remembering them is so difficult, and Alice did say
that the checking of 'credentials' was the hardest bit. I personally would
have no difficulty in Niasha receiving a directory, even though she
doesn't appear in it.

Niasha, if your info. is the same as in 2005, I will add you to my
directory.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old May 8th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
niasha

Kate, thanks for responding. A couple of points.

- "Please try not to take this as a personal affront. You are new here, we
are happy to have you here, and hope you will hang around".

- I don't take this personally. My concern is not receiving a paper copy
of a document but what I always perceived as the central philosophy of the
group. That group I thought was composed of folk who not only had a passion
for the art of quilting but a place where they felt they could curl up and
quietly sit by the quilting frame during those times they couldn't actively
participate but still needed to feel they belonged and continue to learn. I
would not like being thought of as Niasha, she who only posts every couple
of months but Niasha who cares enough about the group and gets such
sustenance from you kindred spirits to be happy just to sit around the
frame. Given the current criteria for admission to the "Big D", I will never
qualify. Too little energy and time to post. And that's fine. However,
anyone wanting to know the nature of my character could have done a google
search and witnessed nine years of frequent, and hopefully useful postings
to the group.

-You guys did a great job on a difficult task. I understand the need for
setting some criteria, if for nothing else but to exclude trolls. Again, let
me state my concern was not, was not being included or excluded in or from
the directory but what I perceived as a philosophical change in the group.
I probably have "musshy brain syndrome" this week; last week it was the "I
don't remember saying that".

- I said this was not personal but after reading my rant I think perhaps it
was, just a little. I'm beginning to feel like an Eskimo on the old iceberg
(hopefully with a battery operated DVD, an HD TV and some prime chocolate
blubber).

Enough, let's get back to what we do best! Talk about chocolate!
--
Niasha, who luvs U.
If it doesn't kill you, it can only make you stronger!

If tlistening to friends listening
"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
No, Niasha, it is not merely a 2 month period of posting that determines
one's admission to the directory. While I'm sure Alice can speak for her
own process, it is my understanding that she searched back many, many
months (at least 6 months) to look for applicants who would be new to the
directory (as those already admitted had been scrutinized previously).
She looked for the number of posts and wanted to make sure that most were
relevant to quilting. (Not that you are... but we do get an occassional
troll who poses as one of us -- so our directory people take their job
very seriously). Only those who are IN the directory receive a copy of
the directory -- thus each member has a vested interest in protecting the
privacy of the information included.

While I speak for Alice (and probably shouldn't), please know that no
individual was not included out of malice or spite. Most of us were
around for at least a year before we were admitted to our first directory.
While a certain frequency of posts isn't required for admission -- you
certainly must post frequently enough so that those pulling the directory
together feel confident that you are a person who is truly a member of our
community and someone who can be trusted with our personal information.

While you can neither receive or be included in this release of the
directory, we hope you will stay around, post occasionally so we can all
get to know you, and then being included next time around will not be a
problem. (Remember -- when you respond privately to someone, there is no
record on the newsgroup -- so while you may be active in your
communications with other members privately -- there is no way our
Directory Team would know this.

Please try not to take this as a personal affront. You are new here, we
are happy to have you here, and hope you will hang around. You are
welcome to participate in any and all swaps that interest you (or host one
of your own!) You are welcome to become a part of the HUG group. Ask
questions when they arise in your quilting, post answers to others'
questions when you think you can help, join us offering hugs and prayers
to fellow RCTQ'ers as needed and before long it will be time for the next
directory... and you will be warmly welcomed and included.

Kate in MI

Old May 8th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

niasha wrote:
Txs Sally. I joined in 1998/1999.

Google Archives are having senility problems - they have me as joining
at the end of last year. Perhaps they are making us three years younger!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old May 8th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

In FH, AZ?
If not, ask, or ask Miz Moppity (she's been here ; )

Butterfly (off to the DDS for a root canal--looking forward to this
one--maybe it'll get rid of the face pain that is 'not' from your
teeth...then WHY do I need a root canal?)

et...

Old May 8th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT Root canal (was THE DIRECTORY. (MY) your FINAL WORD)

"Butterflywings" wrote in message

Butterfly (off to the DDS for a root canal--looking forward to this
one--maybe it'll get rid of the face pain that is 'not' from your
teeth...then WHY do I need a root canal?)

Because the dentist has a boat payment due? ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old May 8th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Or the water bill! Too early for the electric bills to be killers....but
getting close!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
. ..

Old May 8th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Dental stuff-SKIP if you want:

Maybe, it is boating season out here. He even did one on DS but HE did need
it (cracked tooth and a lot of pain) I do know he does LISTEN to the
patient. right after I signed on to be his patient they called to ask if I
wanted a cleaning. I refused until I had a meet-up with the DDS. I have a
RED CHECK on my chart meaning they have to call and remind me I have to take
an antibiotic before I go see him IF he is do to anything for me. TG for
Mayo's Drs I have that ordinary heart thingie that requires the pill
before I get work done. Fortunately there isn't anything else I need to take
for the heart YAY! except carry a card in my wallet.
DS says he is very patient and isn't afraid to 'give extra shots' if needed.
I like that kind of DDS as shots don't last long for me.

Butterfly

Old May 8th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

We have had the AC on now and then, so far we haven't had to have it on 24/7
but 100° days are predicted for later this week. Maybe he's getting a head
start on saving for his?

Too soon for me to make up my mind if I like him or not.

Butterfly

Old May 8th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default OT Root canal (was THE

Howdy!

LOL!
Thanks, KathyA.

When we first moved here I saw a dentist who, while doing his work,
told me all about his new home, 3 daughters w/ many wants, wife's
new car, etc.. Last visit I heard about the trials & errors involved
in the addition of their swimming pool; that *was* my last visit
to that dentist. g

Good luck, Mz. B-fly. Get the teeth/face pain fixed and get home
to that New Quilting Studio!
Hugs,
Ragmop/Sandy --who might have continued w/ Dr.E if wife's car had
been a Mercedes (money goes round in circles)... nah! ;-D