Help with instructions

Old February 1st 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
muff

Default Help with instructions

Hi, I am new to this group, have recently taken up knitting again as
our first grandchild is on the way. Could someone help with
interpreting these instructions for sleeves of a babies cardigan.
After kitting the cuff the instructions state:"Inc. 1 st at each end
of 3rd (next,next,next,next,next) and every following 4th
(alt.,alt.,alt.,alt.,alt.) row ........"
Does it mean that you inc. 1st at each end of the 3rd row and then
every row for the next 5 rows, than after that inc. 1st at each end on
the next fourth row and then each alt. row five times???
Thank you very much!

Old February 1st 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jan 31, 8:40 pm, "muff" wrote:
Hi, I am new to this group, have recently taken up knitting again as
our first grandchild is on the way. Could someone help with
interpreting these instructions for sleeves of a babies cardigan.
After kitting the cuff the instructions state:"Inc. 1 st at each end
of 3rd (next,next,next,next,next) and every following 4th
(alt.,alt.,alt.,alt.,alt.) row ........"
Does it mean that you inc. 1st at each end of the 3rd row and then
every row for the next 5 rows, than after that inc. 1st at each end on
the next fourth row and then each alt. row five times???
Thank you very much!

It sounds to me as though your pattern has a bunch of different sizes
in it, and each increase instruction is for a different size. For
example,
the smallest size would be "Inc 1 st at each end of the 3rd row and
every following 4th row." THe other sizes would be "Inc 1 st at each
end of the next row and every following alt row". HTH

Higs,
Katherine

Old February 1st 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
muff

On Feb 1, 2:50 pm, "Katherine" wrote:
On Jan 31, 8:40 pm, "muff" wrote:

[...]

Katherine,
Of course, silly me trying to be too complicated! Yes the pattern does
have several sizes. Thank you very much for your time.

Old February 1st 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Muff , If the pattern is yours and it has several sizes , it would be
helpful to color mark YOUR working size , in one color ,,,, otherwise
strange sizes might meet ,,,
mirjam

Old February 1st 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
muff

Mirjam,
Good point. I had been following a complicated pattern for the fronts
and then went onto the sleeves expecting things to remain complicated,
forgot the sizes. Thanks for the tip!

Old February 1st 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Muff
You Are Very welcome ,,, keep asking , keep trying ,,, as i watch my
closet with my own made things , and know the quite some people who
also are safe from the cold by some of my work , i am feeling ok with
it .
mirjam

Old February 1st 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jan 31, 8:40 pm, "muff" wrote:

[...]

NO problem. It is odd how we can get fixated on something and just
can't see past it. Sometimes a new pair of eyes is all that is needed.

Higs,
Katherine

Favorite Beading Books cathyesq Beads 4 April 5th 06 10:49 PM
Pageant and Boutique Hair Bow Instructions FREE Ribbons and Clips! www.hairbowinstructions.net General Crafting 1 September 2nd 04 02:14 PM
BOUTIQUE HAIR BOW INSTRUCTIONS Free Offray Ribbons & Clips www.hairbowinstructions.net Marketplace 0 August 31st 04 10:40 PM
BOUTIQUE HAIR BOW INSTRUCTIONS - HAIRBOWS FREE Ribbons & Clippies! www.hairbowinstructions.net Sewing 0 August 31st 04 10:38 PM
Pattern instructions question Karen in MN Yarn 2 February 9th 04 02:54 AM