Walking Foot

Old March 30th 04, 02:54 AM
D&D

Default Walking Foot

I picked up my walking foot yesterday too and have been playing with it a
little bit. DD was more excited than I was as I can now quilt her long
awaited Attic Windows quilt, just what she needs with this current cold and
wet weather we are having...

Dee in Oz

"Terbear" wrote ...
Well, now I finally have no excuse NOT to quilt these projects, any tips?

heard you can use powder with stencils for dark fabrics & cinnamon with
lighter fabrics. I think I want to stick with my WS pen.
Oh, got a twin needle also, what fun that will be to play with!
--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts?&page=1

--
Dee in Oz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deeinoz

Old March 30th 04, 03:45 AM
Maine-iac Rose

always glad to see another quilter happy when they get a new toy, or finish
a project.
yes just in time for those cold nights ahead. so tell me, does it get real
cold there? I know your summers are hotter that what I'm use to.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen to email me.

Old March 30th 04, 05:46 AM
melinda

D&D davemalcolm@ nospamdodo.com.au wrote:
I picked up my walking foot yesterday too and have been playing with it a
little bit. DD was more excited than I was as I can now quilt her long
awaited Attic Windows quilt, just what she needs with this current cold and
wet weather we are having...

Dee in Oz

You want to send a little of that cool weather this way? Don't know what
it actually got up to but the forecast was for 32C today! We had some
cool wet weather a week or so a ago, but it didn't last long enough...

I WANT IT TO COOL DOWN! Fer crying out loud, it's supposed to be AUTUMN!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 30th 04, 07:40 AM
Sharon Harper

Then take my cool weather - it's been raining all day!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old March 30th 04, 03:10 PM
Debbi

Melinda,

Spring just started here. We are having a heat spell. I live 4 miles from
the beach and it has been in the high 80's (sorry can translate to your
system, the metric system and I came to a mutual agreement back when I was
in school-- it exists, I don't understand!). Those who live inland are
seeing temperatures in the high 90's. Feels like the middle of summer. I
will be heading across country on Thursday where so far it is down in the
30's and 40's.

Debbi in SO CA

Old March 30th 04, 08:56 PM
Pati Cook

Sharon, I would love to have both the cool weather and the rain..... we are
already having wildfires here in Arizona. And the fire crews aren't assembled
yet sinc the season isn't usually starting this early.
(Pretty large fire up near Pine......... where there is plenty of fuel because
of all the dead wood due to bark beetle infestations, and the drought. )

Pati, in Phx, dreading this summer, both the heat and the fires.

Old March 30th 04, 10:18 PM
D&D

We had ceiling fan weather Sunday and heater days Monday and Tuesday.

We are still waiting for summer and all of the tomatoes to RIPEN!!!!

Come and visit any time

Old March 30th 04, 10:18 PM
D&D

I live on the coast and we get some very cold winds 'coz there is nothing to
between the South Pole and us except the southern Ocean.
Basically where I live the temp. varies from about 5 degrees to about 35
degrees celcius ( sorry dont know how to convert this any more). Once it
gets to 30 people are really starting to complain.
The town I lived in until I was twelve was much hotter, nothing to have a
summer day of over 100 F, but can't handle than anymore ( too old lol).

There are mountains about 2 hours north of here and about 4 years ago the
was snow there which is not a regular thing.
It really depends on what part of the country you live as to how hot it
gets....lol ...obviously. What I mean is not all of Oz gets really hot.

By the time winter reall gets here I should have a quilting stand made so I
can hand quilt a quilt. DH has a couple of paying jobs to get out of the way
befor he starts on 'my' job. I will let you know when it is done.

Old March 31st 04, 01:28 AM
melinda

Sharon Harper wrote:
Then take my cool weather - it's been raining all day!

I'd love to! It's nearly April, we're not supposed to have 30+C
days this close to April!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 31st 04, 02:27 AM
Maine-iac Rose

Thanks for the reply back, I've always wanted to visit Australia, but don't
know if I'll ever make it, maybe if I can sell some of my quilts, instead of
giving them away, (snicker), then maybe I will have some extra money to take
that trip, but until then, it is a dream, and we all can dream can't we????
here is a couple of links to convert temp from 1 to the other, or the other
to 1, well you know what I mean: http://www.marsradio.com/ctof.htm or
http://www.soc.duke.edu/~garyt/temp.html
I know that 0 Celsius is 32 in Fahrenheit, and that is the freezing point,
and then 100 Celsius and 212 Fahrenheit are the boiling point, and then
there is 1 temp in both that are the same, but I forget what that one is,
but with this link, we can all see what we are all trying to figure out.
well looking at your temps that is about the same for here, although we did
get down to -20 F this winter, glad the furnace was working then.
oh yes you were 1 of the ppl that got the plans for the quilt stand, well
hopefully he will get that done soon, seeing that your getting into winter
now.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

"D&D" wrote in message
[...]

Walking Foot for Janome 9000 MICHAEL C MARSYADA Marketplace 0 September 5th 04 01:15 PM
Walking Foot Karlee in Kansas Quilting 1 December 13th 03 09:38 PM
Generic walking foot? D&D Quilting 0 October 24th 03 11:38 AM
Generic walking foot? Debbi Quilting 3 October 23rd 03 08:43 PM
A walk(ing foot) in the park KittyG Quilting 18 October 21st 03 06:35 PM