New sewing mate

Old August 9th 11, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Default New sewing mate

Well, I never!

It looks like I have found a (winter) sewing mate here in Copenhagen. A
new Scouting friend of mine also sews, is new to quilting, and we are
going to do some sewing together during the winter (gotta do a lot of
Scouting while the weather is good - leaving less time for sewing).

How cool is that!

Also, today I had a 9 yo for sewing classes. We did a little bit of
sewing on paper (follow the line, get used to the foot pedal etc), then
she picked a couple of batiks out of my stash and (we) made a 2-tier
skirt. We did have to go to the shop: we spent all of 50 cents on
elastic for the waistband. The sewing day was a gift for her first
communion, and she not only did sewing, she also handled an iron for the
first time in her life, pressing seams and all.

I'm tired, but this was a great way to spend the next-to-last day before
I'm back in the school on Thursday.

Hanne in DK
Old August 9th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Sounds wonderful Hanne - both sewing mates! Hope you have ongoing fun
together.
..
In message , Hanne in DK
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 10th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

A double beautiful blessing. How great it is to have a sewing mate. I
have/had one. She's busy BUSY with a baby Yorkie these days and her sewing
is on hold. Little Sophie won't always be a teething puppy or whirlwind
attack weapon. I figure 6 or 7 years and she'll be back to sewing with me.
Lately, I just enjoy babysitting to give her a break.
A 9 year-old who wants to learn to sew? Oh my, how very lovely. Was
she pleased with her skirt? Polly

.

Old August 10th 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

9 yo: BIG smiles all around during the day and when done. We did take
turns on some of the sewing, but she took part in every process except
for rotary cutting (I just didn't have the nerve to have her cut, and
can't stand doing things inefficiently just to make a point). She did
comment in the afternon how quickly the day passed.

In her after-school program, they have two sewing machines, but everyone
want to use them. She mostly gets to sew by hand there.

I don't know that she knew, she wanted to learn to sew before I gave her
the gift card of sewing lessons, but she seemed happy now :-)

Hanne in DK

Old August 10th 11, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Sounds wonderful Hanne. I start school on Thursday too. See my post for
how I spent my last couple of days before returning to work.

Steven
Alaska

Old August 10th 11, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Aug 9, 4:15*pm, Hanne in DK wrote:
[...]

Congrats on both scores! Occassionally I get a 14 yo to sew with but
not too often. The 17 yo wants to but it just really doesn't fit in
her schedule these days. I have hopes for my, currently, 9 yo niece
but you just never know.

Kim in NJ

Dogs looking mate online !! gkn kaya Beads 0 October 31st 09 03:49 PM
Cutters Mate michasiow Glass 7 February 27th 06 11:20 AM
OT Yerba Mate site NightMist Quilting 15 November 6th 05 04:25 AM
yerba mate naturallattitudes Beads 1 April 10th 05 06:45 PM