bargain fabric - Ikea

Old August 13th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

Default bargain fabric - Ikea

Just back from another trawl round the local Ikea - why is it that I go
looking for a couple of mugs and end up filling the car? Anyway. They have
some really good fabric in at the moment. In the children's section they're
selling fabric 3m long x 120cm wide for £4.99
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90119410 - it's all bright and
cheerful, great quality and perfect for backings or kids quilts.

In the main sewing section they have a selection at £1.59 a metre -
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60098131 again, all very bright
but at that price you're not going to go far wrong. I have used quite a bit
of Ikea fabric and the quality is very good.

morag

Old August 13th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:02:34 +0100, "Morag in Scotland"
wrote:

Just back from another trawl round the local Ikea - why is it that I go
looking for a couple of mugs and end up filling the car? Anyway. They have
some really good fabric in at the moment. In the children's section they're
selling fabric 3m long x 120cm wide for £4.99
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90119410 - it's all bright and
cheerful, great quality and perfect for backings or kids quilts.

I love brights. The green and white, and pink and white prints could
go into almost any quilt I'd make. The third print I'd save for the
kiddies. I'm not willing to try using stripes yet though.

In the main sewing section they have a selection at £1.59 a metre -
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60098131 again, all very bright
but at that price you're not going to go far wrong. I have used quite a bit
of Ikea fabric and the quality is very good.

morag

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old August 14th 07, 10:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

I've noticed that Ikea seems to have that 'car-filling' effect.
Unfortunately the closest Ikea is 7 hours drive up to Brisbane, Oz but I
have big plans for September! Meeting Eldest DT who's coming down to
Brissie from Townsville. Will check Ikea's website for a range of kids
fabrics, Youngest DT doing son's room at the moment, also in
Townsville.....thanks for the heads-up, Morag.
Wendy in NSW

Old August 14th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

The Ikea in Chicago region does not have sewing machine area. The only
fabrics they carry here are for decorating, mostly curtain and table
cloth type. Can always find a few unusual things other than what I
have gone to Ikea to purchase. The one store in Schaumberg was planned
to be the only store in the Mid-west but it has been so successful
that they have opened another store in a southern suburb.

Susan

Old August 15th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

We also have an IKEA store in Minnesota, near the Mall of America in the
Twin Cities. It opened about 4 years ago. Last I checked Minnesota is
also in the Midwest

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old August 15th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Susan Laity
Price wrote:

The Ikea in Chicago region does not have sewing machine area. The only
fabrics they carry here are for decorating, mostly curtain and table
cloth type. Can always find a few unusual things other than what I
have gone to Ikea to purchase. The one store in Schaumberg was planned
to be the only store in the Mid-west but it has been so successful
that they have opened another store in a southern suburb.

Susan

WOW! I grew up practically in IKEA's showroom in VA (Dad was a HUGE
fan!!), but I NEVER knew they carried fabrics!!

They even have fabric for sale online in the US online sto
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...?storeId=12&la
ngId=-1&catalogId=11001&pageNumber=1&query=fabric&catego ry=&year=&month=
&area=&type=

Don't that just beat all??!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 15th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

Susan Laity Price wrote:
The Ikea in Chicago region does not have sewing machine area. The only
fabrics they carry here are for decorating, mostly curtain and table
cloth type.

I think the stuff they have in the UK stores is supposed to be for curtains
too. But it's very lightweight stuff and much more like quilting fabric in
weight than curtain fabric, which I always associate with being thicker. The
stuff they sell in packs for children is just general "fabric", our local
store has it displayed as wall hangings, bed coverings and blinds.

A while ago they had a range of "shabby chic" rose fabric which was rumoured
to have been designed by British designer Cath Kidston. It sold like hot
cakes and is now going for well over the odds on Ebay. I keep watching the
website to see what they're getting in next!!

Morag

Fabric Bargain of the day Butterfly Quilting 8 October 12th 05 06:14 PM
Ikea Fabric? BEI Design Sewing 4 June 2nd 05 09:34 PM
Ikea and Fabric Flossy Quilting 9 May 2nd 04 11:50 AM
IKEA fabric Helen Howes Quilting 25 April 29th 04 04:09 AM
Help finding bargain fabric. Heather Sewing 7 September 5th 03 11:06 AM