Today's denim baby jeans report

Old June 21st 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Today's denim baby jeans report

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
suzee wrote:
Murielle wrote:
"Olwyn Mary" wrote

Oh, please, please, do be careful with the chenille or boucle yarn. We
have had so many reports on this board about both of those being either
very difficult to knit with, or (particularly the chenille) about the
yarn
coming apart while working with it.

Please just buy one skein of each and knit a sizeable swatch before you
invest in enough to make a poncho or shawl.

Oh, great! Thank you! (How are you feeling?)

I'm not sure I can get those yarns anyway. It's the style I like so,
knowing me, I'll end up picking up something locally then buy to much of
it
and drive myself nuts for a while but be happy enough when it's
finished.
(It's a patter, what can I say?) ;-))

Thanks for the heads-up, though. Don't want to fight with yarn. I'd
lose.

Actually, I'd choose the Homespun knit on larger needles (like 11s, even
10.5s) over the chenille any day. Despite what the label and patterns
recommend, homespun behaves better with the bigger needles.

Or look at stitch dictionaries for a "loop stitch" pattern - you can
get a big boucle effect with a plain yarn.

=Tamar

Thanks. I'll keep a look-out for that.

Murielle

Old June 22nd 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:20:24 -0400, "Not Likely"
notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote:

"Alison" wrote in message
.. .

I used a chenille (Paton's Bohemian) for a scarf and it wasn't too bad
to work with. Shed a bit. Dyed my needles pink (it was burgundy and
I was using plastic needles.)

Alison

Did the dye end up staining your neck too then?

*hugs*
Gemini

No thank goodness!

Alison
Old June 22nd 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:

suzee wrote:
Other brands of chenille aren't so bad, it's Lion that's difficult.

*making note of this*

Also note that it's hearsay. I haven't used other brands, but that's
what I've heard...

sue