Cute baby quilt

Old April 29th 05, 06:47 PM
M Rimmer

Default Cute baby quilt

I've just found out my cousin is expecting twins. Her mum (my auntie)
knitted me oodles of beautiful baby clothes when I had my first, so I'm
making my cousin 2 baby quilts partly as a thankyou to her mum.

I downloaded a real baby footprint and handprint off the web (they look
much better than any I could draw) and used them as appliqué templates.
So there is a "foot" quilt and a "hand" quilt. The prints are cut from
my collection of 1930s repros (variety of colours) and applied to cream
solid 6" squares on point. The appliqué blocks are alternated with 6"
squares of 1930s repros. The foot quilt has a solid yellow border, the
hand quilt has a solid green border. I'm planning to quilt them quite
simply. They look *so* cute!
--
M Rimmer

Old April 29th 05, 06:54 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
M Rimmer wrote:

I've just found out my cousin is expecting twins. Her mum (my auntie)
knitted me oodles of beautiful baby clothes when I had my first, so I'm
making my cousin 2 baby quilts partly as a thankyou to her mum.

I downloaded a real baby footprint and handprint off the web (they look
much better than any I could draw) and used them as appliqué templates.
So there is a "foot" quilt and a "hand" quilt. The prints are cut from
my collection of 1930s repros (variety of colours) and applied to cream
solid 6" squares on point. The appliqué blocks are alternated with 6"
squares of 1930s repros. The foot quilt has a solid yellow border, the
hand quilt has a solid green border. I'm planning to quilt them quite
simply. They look *so* cute!

They sound adorable, Mel! Can we see them? I'm sure your cousin (and
your auntie!) will appreciate them.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 30th 05, 10:41 AM
M Rimmer

In message ,
Sandy Foster writes
In article ,
M Rimmer wrote:

I've just found out my cousin is expecting twins. Her mum (my auntie)
knitted me oodles of beautiful baby clothes when I had my first, so I'm
making my cousin 2 baby quilts partly as a thankyou to her mum.

I downloaded a real baby footprint and handprint off the web (they look
much better than any I could draw) and used them as appliqué templates.
So there is a "foot" quilt and a "hand" quilt. The prints are cut from
my collection of 1930s repros (variety of colours) and applied to cream
solid 6" squares on point. The appliqué blocks are alternated with 6"
squares of 1930s repros. The foot quilt has a solid yellow border, the
hand quilt has a solid green border. I'm planning to quilt them quite
simply. They look *so* cute!

They sound adorable, Mel! Can we see them? I'm sure your cousin (and
your auntie!) will appreciate them.

I'll do my best to get pics on a website, but we're decorating my 3yo
DS's bedroom this bank holiday weekend (this Monday is a holiday in the
UK, so everyone in the country is either going to the beach or doing
home improvements) so I may not find the time.

I've finished the quilts now! I stayed up until half 3 in the morning
because I was having so much fun. They need labels and washing and then
I'll send them to my cousin. I'm so pleased with how they turned out. I
had heaps of fun making them. And I made them completely from stash -
the fabric, batting, backing, thread, even the bondaweb and
stitch-and-tear were left over from other projects.
--
M Rimmer

Old April 30th 05, 04:03 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
M Rimmer wrote:

I'll do my best to get pics on a website, but we're decorating my 3yo
DS's bedroom this bank holiday weekend (this Monday is a holiday in the
UK, so everyone in the country is either going to the beach or doing
home improvements) so I may not find the time.

I've finished the quilts now! I stayed up until half 3 in the morning
because I was having so much fun. They need labels and washing and then
I'll send them to my cousin. I'm so pleased with how they turned out. I
had heaps of fun making them. And I made them completely from stash -
the fabric, batting, backing, thread, even the bondaweb and
stitch-and-tear were left over from other projects.

Good luck with the decorating, and I guess we can wait a few days for
the pics.

Old May 1st 05, 06:22 PM
Charlotte Hippen

Great idea for the quilts! They sound adorable!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108