S.E.X in the city...

Old January 27th 05, 09:56 PM
Mika

Default S.E.X in the city...

almost. I had to go into the city today to have all my pre-op stuff done.
Lab, x-rays, EKG. You know the kind of stuff. I'm going in a week from
tomorrow to have a stent put in since my pulmonary vein is too narrow.
Anyway, DH always takes the day off and drives me when I have appointments
there cause there just ain't no way I'm gonna drive in the city. I had
wanted to visit a couple of fabric shops in the city but we decided it was
just too cold. So we headed home after all my tests were done. A few days
ago we got a surprise check in the mail that we decided to split it. So I
had $50 to blow on S.E.X. DH decided to save his to go for his flying
lessons. He's getting his pilots license. Anyway, we stopped at one fabric
store and found some really pretty maroon lace that would make great
curtains for the bathroom. I got two yards of it and have no clue how to
even make lace curtains. But I guess I'll learn.

Then we stopped at The Fabric Mill to check out their new store. Woohoo. I
hit pay dirt. I have been looking for purples to add to my stash and really
hadn't found much that I liked close to home. I found three different purple
fabrics, two blues, one pink, and two greens. I got a total of 12 2/3 yards
of fabric and a package of quilt clips all for $32. I still have money left
over that I can use with my coupon from TSWLTH and buy one of those Carol
Doak books on paper piecing that you all recommended to me. Hubby even had a
good time looking at fabric with me but mostly guarding my wares.

Then when we got home there was a package sitting on our front porch. My
Totally Tubular Quilts book came in today. Yippee!!!! I just have to get
busy now and use up some of this fabric to make room for more.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old January 27th 05, 10:35 PM
\Pussywillow\ Volfie

Wow, you can shop for me *anytime*. I can't make $50 go that far! What's
the name of the piecing book? I'm *just* starting to get interested in
piecing.

Giselle (I'll send you 20 bucks, you send me six or eight yards of fabric,
'kay?)

Old January 28th 05, 12:34 AM
ALZ

Glad you found the new Fabric Mill! I haven't been to the new store
yet, but loved the old one. Clipper magazines often have$5 off coupons
for them. I, unfortunately, am now on a fabric diet.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old January 28th 05, 02:05 AM
nana2b

Sounds like you are completely satisfied. Linda in Tx

Old January 28th 05, 03:35 AM
Sandy Foster

In article r5hKd.2896$u45.1697@trnddc08,
"nana2b" wrote:

Sounds like you are completely satisfied. Linda in Tx

Ohhh, Linda, you *are* naughty!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 28th 05, 04:21 AM
nana2b

Sorry, I could not resist!!!

Old January 28th 05, 04:39 PM
Mika

Sure, just send that $20 right on and I'll bet I could get you 9 or 10 yards
or maybe more. The book I just got is Totally Tubular Quilts by Rita
Hutchens. I found it on walmart.com for $14.99. I can't wait to get some of
my WIP's finished so I can try this out.

Old January 28th 05, 04:50 PM
Mika

Well I guess that'll teach me to throw out those mags without looking
through them first. I always just throw them in the trash along with the
Yankee trader and Pennysaver. I'll be on the lookout from now on. I will be
joining you on that diet for the next couple of weeks though. The new Fabric
Mill store is really nice. It's big and open and light. I don't think they
had as much remnants here as they did at the old place though. At least not
the cotton quilt type remnants. After we got home and I refolded all my
fabric, I asked DH for the receipt. It just wasn't adding up in my mind
according to the prices they had on the fabric. Sure enough, they were
discounting it another 10%. If you ever want to make a trip down there
after the diet and would like some company let me know.