Dried Roses

Old October 12th 03, 07:00 PM
Catherine

Default Dried Roses

I appreciate the ideas submitted on drying flowers. My daughter was
just recently married, and I'd like to do a nice job in drying her
roses.

If I'm understandng correctly, I simply hang them upside-down in a
dark room, and then spray them with hair spray? How do I keep the
color from fading? And, how long do I have to hang them upside-down
before I can spray them? In the past, when I have dried flowers,
particularly red roses, the color seems to fade very quickly. Does
the hair sprays keep them from becoming brittle? What other advice
does anyone have? Help!
Old October 13th 03, 02:22 PM
Teddy

The dark room they dry in will help preserve the color but red roses
tend to turn very dark and white turn antique looking. The pastel roses
seem to hold their original color best. Spray after they are dry to
help hold them together. I don't use spray, just be careful about
bumping them. A glass case to keep them in after drying completely
would be good. Don't let sunlight on them-the darker, the better. I
have some whole dried roses in the top of a gallon size jar of homemade
potpourri that are still beautiful after several years in dark bedroom.

Auction: C. Jean Horst "Heart of Roses" Quilt - SIGNED! Brian Bernardini Marketplace 0 September 1st 04 07:08 PM
AD: Mints & Roses starlia Beads 15 March 19th 04 06:01 PM
New Roses & Japanese embroidery designs, plus freebies! Anna & Polina Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 02:41 PM
Dried Roses Dawn McIntyre General Crafting 0 October 10th 03 04:46 AM
Dried Roses Dawn McIntyre Marketplace 0 October 10th 03 04:46 AM