OT - back from surgery!

Old September 19th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Default OT - back from surgery!

Polly S. wrote:
Kalera Stratton wrote:

It was just med time and I'm waiting for it to kick in... ahhhhhhh

I must have missed your original post. I am sooooo sorry you had to go
through all this but damn glad that things will be so much better now.
Stay in lala land as long as it takes to keep the pain away and please
take care of yourself. I have to agree with Sarajane... hurting does not
ever help healing!!!

big ol hugs sweetie!!!!

Thanks darling! I have a really good story from this morning about
having two of the shunts removed... but I can't tell it yet, it was TOO
GRUESOME! At least now I can breathe through my nose though!

--All doped up and happily slorping a popsicle,

-Kalera
Old September 19th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I KNOW *THAT* ONE! Yeah, baby

`````````````````````````````````
Kalera Stratton wrote:
~~~ It was just med time and I'm waiting for it to kick in... ahhhhhhh

When all of a sudden you go from being in Killer Clowns from Hell
territory to being in Smurf Village... like life just transitions from
Unbearably, Cacophonically Confusing to Chasing Butterflies while
Wearing White Gloves for No Apparent Reason.
Old September 19th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Beadbimbo wrote:
Welcome back, Kalera!

Somehow, I didn't get the original post, but I'm getting the follow-ups.

I hope you have a great recovery! I had sinus surgery about 9 years ago to
repair a deviated septum, remove a bone spur, and correct an enlarged
turbinate, and I couldn't belive what a difference it made!

Get well soon!

Thanks, Jerri! I've been deeply heartened by all the positive stories...
funny how something like messed-up sinuses can just lurk along for years!
Old September 19th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Dr. Sooz wrote:
If Moxley insists you come south to California, he can just drop you
off at my house. The guest room is ready, 90% painted (no fumes left),
and sunny all day -- clean sheets were put on the bed TODAY, in fact.
And you know how restful it is here. There's a bed in the living room,
too, and the couch is set up for lying-down-and-watching-TV. Just say
the word.

The Dr. (you know who)

I remember what color you said you were painting it, too... I LOVE that
color! Alas, though, if I do fly down it will be to see Moxley's
grandma... sweet old thing is near the end, and it will do her heart
good to get some love from the great-grandbaby & baby-mamma.

I am hoping I am well enough to go, though, because I'd like to see her
one more time before she passes. She's a dear. The next time, though...
the next time is all about ME and your guest room!
Old September 19th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Dr. Sooz wrote:
My poor sweetie! I'm glad you're *taking* the painkillers. They've
found that Being Brave and Toughing It Out can make the brain unable to
deal with pain later. Painkillers are, by far, the lesser of two
evils. You keep gettin' high!

Screw being brave! I'm proud to know where my limits are. And, I'm
gonna stay as high as I need to be to get well without any more
suffering than is absolutely necessary. The necessary suffering is bad
enough! I'll tell you about it when it's a little more distant...
shudder it was SERIOUSLY GROSS.

Lie back and let everyone wait on you. I haven't been on RCB at all
over the weekend -- my in-laws were here, they always make us very,
very busy. I wish I were there to help you -- fill orders, sop up
blood, rub your weird feet. I'm hugging you right now! (But not too
hard)

Hugging back with much love,

-Kalera-Lola

Love,
the Dr. [Sooz]

Old September 20th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren Purves

Polly S. wrote:
Kalera Stratton wrote:

It was just med time and I'm waiting for it to kick in... ahhhhhhh

I must have missed your original post. I am sooooo sorry you had to go

same here, must admit that I vanished into hardly anything but work
for the last few weeks. When did this happen?

through all this but damn glad that things will be so much better now.
Stay in lala land as long as it takes to keep the pain away and please
take care of yourself. I have to agree with Sarajane... hurting does not
ever help healing!!!

big ol hugs sweetie!!!!

Same here,

Maren
Palms, Etc.: Tropical Plant Seeds - Hand-made Jewelry - Plants & Lilikoi
http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/palms_etc/
Old September 20th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Maren Purves wrote:

same here, must admit that I vanished into hardly anything but work
for the last few weeks. When did this happen?

LOL work happens! Especially intriguing work like yours. It happened
so fast... I went to have my tonsils looked at on the 12th and three
days later I was in surgery... not due to any particular rush, but
simply because everything aligned just so. I was just in for the
tonsils, but I mentioned that I was hoping it would take care of my
chronic sinus problems too... so the doc said he wanted a CT scan to see
if there was anything in my sinuses that needed doing as long as I was
under. The imaging place happened to have an opening that very day...
the surgeon had an opening Friday... everything just worked so fast!

The WIERD thing is that I've known for a long time that having bad
tonsils was probably keeping me a bit run down, making me tired and
susceptible to colds, etc. While I knew I had a bit of sinus infection
that just never really went away, I was used to it... I had no idea that
my sinuses were so bad, or that I'd had an ongoing *acute* sinus
infection for years. YEARS. It's funny... about two years ago Moxley
commented that life seems to be unusually difficult for me, and asked me
if I had any ideas why that might be. It struck me really hard... not
because he meant it in a mean way at all, but because it was TRUE. The
only answer I could come up with was that I guessed I was just not
mentally designed to cope with modern life. In my mental image of
myself, I'm hearty and healthy as a horse, not an easily-tired invalid!

The idea that I might actually feel BETTER after all this... that I
might not be always drained, always on the verge of getting sick... is
like a miracle. I don't want to hope too much. I don't even know what to
hope FOR.

But I am looking forward to it, whatever it is.

Same here,

Hugs back!

Maren

-Kalera
Old September 20th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

I WISH! ------- From Killer Clowns From Death Hell, to just one Killer
Clown, here.

```````````````````````````````````

Old September 20th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

I LOVE "Seriously Gross" stories, so.......whenever you're ready, spill
it! (Woops -- wrong choice of words HAW!)

``````````````````````````````````````````

Old September 21st 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Kalera Stratton wrote:
When all of a sudden you go from being in Killer Clowns from Hell
territory to being in Smurf Village... like life just transitions from
Unbearably, Cacophonically Confusing to Chasing Butterflies while
Wearing White Gloves for No Apparent Reason.

At least just one Killer Clown is manageable... you can bind and gag him
if you have to.

New KNITTY is back up YarnWright Yarn 0 May 26th 06 03:06 PM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
OT - back from surgery Lee Kerrighan Quilting 5 November 12th 04 10:08 PM
collar question FtForger Sewing 20 May 14th 04 09:36 AM