Where is everyone?

Old July 8th 04, 04:12 AM
Mike Behrent

I've never tolerated a boss that yells and bullys. My usual response has
been to promptly tell him off and walk out.

--
it's easier to run away with your kilt up than with your pants down.
Mike in Wisconsin
"zski" wrote in message ...
Kate Dicey wrote:

You lot all asleep, or just busy?

Just slowly poking my head out again....
Finished layout and art for Minstrosity's new CD (went off to dupe house
last Wed)
Made 2 chemises, 2 skirts, a cap, a bodice and trimmed a straw hat for
out new sales wench. (delivery tomorrow)
Helped boyfriend move (most of the last 2 weekends)
Performed at a faire in Minnesota (3 wks ago)
Been job-hunting. (after the boss's most recent shouting match that
sent the Firm Admin fleeing the office in tears last Tuesday I decided I
don't want to stick around much longer)
But as soon as I finish the new sales banner (for Saturday) I might have
time to find my floor again.

Wendy Z Chicago, IL (Moo)
Wench Wear Costumes http://pages.ripco.net/~zski
Minstrosity www.minstrosity.com
Wench #525 AIM=wendylady525
http://www.livejournal.com/users/wendyzski/
"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
"It's the little ones you have to watch out for..."
"I'm not short - I'm concentrated"

Old July 8th 04, 04:20 AM
melinda

Kate Dicey wrote:
You lot all asleep, or just busy?

Busy, catching up with other newsgroups after taking a day out
to take DS for his 12 month check-up at the baby/child health
clinic, washing clothes and actually getting a bit of sewing
done!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old July 8th 04, 04:38 AM
Olwynmary

From: "Mike Behrent"

I've never tolerated a boss that yells and bullys. My usual response has been

to promptly tell him off and walk out.

Most employees, particularly women who tend to be paid less, have to have a new
job lined up before they can afford to walk out of the old one.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old July 8th 04, 05:30 AM
Mike Behrent

There are 2 ways to deal with that kind of scum. Walk out on him or get
organized and sabotage him. I'm ornery enough to just walk out and leave him
hanging. I have seen the employees sabotage a bad boss. Friend of mine
worked at a place where all the employees organized a campaign of sabotage
on a manager. The guy was gone in 2 weeks

Old July 8th 04, 09:38 AM
Kate Dicey

zski wrote:

Kate Dicey wrote:

You lot all asleep, or just busy?

Just slowly poking my head out again....
Finished layout and art for Minstrosity's new CD (went off to dupe house
last Wed)
Made 2 chemises, 2 skirts, a cap, a bodice and trimmed a straw hat for
out new sales wench. (delivery tomorrow)
Helped boyfriend move (most of the last 2 weekends)
Performed at a faire in Minnesota (3 wks ago)
Been job-hunting. (after the boss's most recent shouting match that
sent the Firm Admin fleeing the office in tears last Tuesday I decided I
don't want to stick around much longer)
But as soon as I finish the new sales banner (for Saturday) I might have
time to find my floor again.

Busy, huh? Tell me about it... And job hunting AGAIN??? I thought
this one was going well? Hm: case of once you're in the door you see
the real colour of things? Good luck!

Best of luck with the new music as well. I MUST get some sent over!
Every time I try to get that done, I need to spend the funds one
something else first! And I need new specs soon! Last time I tried
for them DH's teeth ate the specs fund! Root canal work is a horrible
price!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old July 8th 04, 01:28 PM
Maureen Wozniak

But both of those reactions can backfire on you. Not to mention that I
(and most other people) tend to need the old boss' recommendation. If
not for the next job, then for some other one down the line.

Maureen

Old July 9th 04, 12:12 AM
zski

Mike Behrent wrote:

I've never tolerated a boss that yells and bullys. My usual response has
been to promptly tell him off and walk out.

Well, I'm doing that, just a little more subtly (and keeping my insurance).

They pretend the don't know I'm looking to leave, and I pretend that I
don't know that they've listed my job on CareerBuilder.

Old July 9th 04, 12:14 AM
zski

Mike Behrent wrote:

There are 2 ways to deal with that kind of scum. Walk out on him or get
organized and sabotage him. I'm ornery enough to just walk out and leave him
hanging. I have seen the employees sabotage a bad boss. Friend of mine
worked at a place where all the employees organized a campaign of sabotage
on a manager. The guy was gone in 2 weeks

1) He's the owner, so sabotage is out
2) it's not worth my effort. Just keep doing my job, interview on
lunch and after work, and walk out as soon as I can without jeapordizing
my finances.

Old July 9th 04, 09:12 AM
Kate Dicey

Mike Behrent wrote:

Wendy, you are a strategic thinker. My style is more of a highland charge

And in a kilt, that's scary! ;D