New stitching tip

Old May 19th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default New stitching tip

I saw this tip on Nordic Needle's newsletter and thought someone here
might find it useful:

27. Dear Roz, While reading your newsletter this morning (I always
leave it until the last email as a special treat), I thought about my
way of eliminating some of the knots and weaving in threads on the
back of my cross stitch work when using 2 strands of floss. I cut a
double length of floss, weave the two cut ends under the finished work
and thread the center loop into the needle. When I stitch to the end
of this floss, I loop the next double long strand through that first
loop and proceed to stitch to the cut ends and weave them in at the
end. This way I only have to weave in ends once every two lengths of
thread. Once in awhile the loops must be manipulated so they don't
show on the front, but this is not a major problem. Ann, Edina, MN

Joan
Old May 19th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

On May 19, 12:06*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
[...]

I'm reduced to usisng google groups so if this comes in weird, blame
them and blame Comcast.

I saw this and found it interesting. The only thing I would be
concerned about is that I find when I'm stiching with two strands,
even if I use a loop start, I often find one end of my floss longer
then the other. I guess somewhere along the line one of the two
strands is a tiny bit looser on a stitch then the other and after a
while it shows up on the unused length of floss. Most of the time I
just let it hang and untangle and unless it's a significant
difference, I just ignore it. With a closed end that might creat a
problem for me.

Lucille