Elna 945 Serger

Old October 13th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
berniece

Default Elna 945 Serger

Hi everyone ~ I'm wondering if anyone with an Elna 945 Serger has had a
problem with the needle clamp. Mine broke after 1.5 months and maybe 4
uses. I have been told it will be about $350 and a return to the
manufacturer to make the fix and that this is a COMMON problem with the 945.
Sounds fishy because my original 945, the one I used for 6.5 years and was
stolen from my car trunk (in my driveway) never had this problem or any
other problem. I bought the current 945 from a local dealer having a sale
on 945s. This one was the only one left and was a demonstration machine. I
didn't think to ask for a warranty card because I had always been so very,
very happy with my original machine. My question is simply, has anyone had
the needle clamp problem, or are they flying one past me?

Thanks.

Old January 2nd 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

berniece wrote:
Hi everyone ~ I'm wondering if anyone with an Elna 945 Serger has had a
problem with the needle clamp. Mine broke after 1.5 months and maybe 4
uses. I have been told it will be about $350 and a return to the
manufacturer to make the fix and that this is a COMMON problem with the
945. Sounds fishy because my original 945, the one I used for 6.5 years
and was stolen from my car trunk (in my driveway) never had this problem
or any other problem. I bought the current 945 from a local dealer
having a sale on 945s. This one was the only one left and was a
demonstration machine. I didn't think to ask for a warranty card
because I had always been so very, very happy with my original machine.
My question is simply, has anyone had the needle clamp problem, or are
they flying one past me?

Thanks.

What??? $350 for a needle clamp??? Let's hope Ron or Wayne read this
group and respond.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old January 2nd 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

"Pogonip" wrote in message
berniece wrote:
[...]

Ever since Janome bought Elna in August of 2006 Elna parts have all but
disappeared. I understand that even the Authorized dealers are having
trouble.

--

Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd., Sand Lake, NY 12153

Old January 2nd 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Ron Anderson wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message

berniece wrote:

[...]

A look at Google shows that the machine has "an exclusive tilting needle
clamp" - which probably means that there is no simple solution here - a
machinist would have trouble duplicating it even without considering
patents. What a shame!

An old Elna ~Ann~ Quilting 8 November 20th 10 08:00 PM
Anybody have an Elna? Suequiltmail Quilting 8 February 20th 04 10:57 PM
Elna Lotus TSP Gansel Marketplace 0 December 15th 03 04:22 AM
Serger Progect Book. 56 Great serger ideas! madhatress Marketplace 0 July 31st 03 01:48 AM