Magazine Print Ad Question

Old March 31st 05, 06:54 PM
Lori Greenberg

Default Magazine Print Ad Question

Hi everyone.

I've been looking into advertising in some of the bead magazines and
wondered if any of you veterans had any feedback.

Did your ads do well for you? Would you do it again?

Feel free to email me directly if you'd like.

lori at beadnerd dot com

Thanks in advance.

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek

Old March 31st 05, 08:13 PM
JC

I'm curious, too. Lori, thanks for posting! And thanks in advance to
those that answer Lori's questions!

Pura vida,
JC
www.jcherrellglass.com

Old April 1st 05, 12:31 AM
Dr. Sooz

I don't know about ads in the bead mags -- but when I had the stamp
company, I lived or died by my print ads in the rubber stamp magazines.
HUGE difference in sales, oh dear GAWD!

~ Sooz

Old April 1st 05, 02:51 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yes, yes, yes! I have seen a significant increase in traffic and sales
since I started advertising in Beadwork. In correlation, though a
clerical error at their end my ad was dropped from April's issue... and
my sales backed off.

(I think it was divine intervention telling me to CHILL IT!)

Anyway, YES! Do it!

Remember the three prime directives in advertising;

1. Show your customers what you're selling.
2. Make them want it.
3. Tell them where to get it.

You won't have a huge jump in sales as soon as the ad comes out, but a
gradual, steady increase that will make a tremendous difference after
several months.

http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 1st 05, 06:14 PM
Lori Greenberg

Thanks Kalera. I didn't want to ask people whose ads I've seen directly in
the magazine since you never know how people are going to take it. I'm glad
you answered because yours is one that I've been admiring. They're
beautiful. When I think of what bead to put in I think of yours because I
know they're you and it awesome!

This is the kind of feedback I needed because it's not cheap!

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek

Old April 1st 05, 06:16 PM
Lori Greenberg

Thanks Sooz. I'm guessing that that is comparable to a beadmaker
advertising in a bead magazine. It gets me excited to hear that it made
such a difference for you...maybe it will for me too. Although things are
starting to pick up some, I want to try and see who out there isn't internet
based. I forget that there's another world out there. )

--
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek