Attn: Stefania Ars Canusina

Old June 24th 04, 08:00 AM
Jeanine3

Default Attn: Stefania Ars Canusina

I read about Ars Canusina is this month's issue of RAKAM. Am I correct
in understanding that the book written in 1935 has been recently
reproduced? Can it be purchased do you know? They only leave a telephone
number for more information, and I'd be too nervous about my italian to
phone...
http://www.matildedicanossa.it/eng/pag/artigianato.htm
Thank you for any information!
Jeanine in Canada

Old June 24th 04, 12:47 PM
Stefania Bressan

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:00:35 GMT, Jeanine3 wrote:

I read about Ars Canusina is this month's issue of RAKAM. Am I correct
in understanding that the book written in 1935 has been recently
reproduced? Can it be purchased do you know? They only leave a telephone
number for more information, and I'd be too nervous about my italian to
phone...
http://www.matildedicanossa.it/eng/pag/artigianato.htm
Thank you for any information!
Jeanine in Canada

Sigh, sob :-(
I've called the phone number, I've found a very kind person.
The book has been reprinted in 1992 (not so recently, indeed) and has
gone out of print in 1996. It's a book of drawings, without directions
for the technique.
There are some copies in the libraries of the Emilia-Romagna towns
near Reggio Emilia. When I'll be back from my holiday (a six days
course of embroidery in a mountain town :-)) I will try to get it thru
a near public library (not the one in my town because it's too small).

If you're interested in Ars Canusina, there's a book from "Reggio
Ricama" (http://www.reggioricama.org) that has some instructions,
photos, and designs. It's written in italian/english. I don't remember
the price. If you're interested, you should ask directly to them.

Ciao, Stefania
--
L'angolo di Stefania
http://www.angolostefania.it
Old June 24th 04, 06:47 PM
Jeanine3

Thank you! I already have the books from ReggioRicamo on my wish list.
(like so many others!) Have a great time on your stitching holiday!
Please write and tell us all about it when you get back. :-)
Ciao!
Jeanine in Canada

Stefania Bressan wrote:
[...]

ATTN: Dream Impressions Consultants CG Rubberstamps 0 March 25th 04 02:39 AM
ATTN: Tia Mary Poetta Needlework 2 September 29th 03 10:05 AM
Attn Maryland stitchers Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 1 September 12th 03 11:35 PM
Attn Jim Cripwell Cheryl Isaak Needlework 10 September 5th 03 04:45 PM
Attn Dianne - study box Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 August 1st 03 01:59 PM