and so I visited the Pfaff dealer....

Old December 6th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Default and so I visited the Pfaff dealer....

and tried out both mechanical and electronic sewing machines. I kinda
liked the expression 3.0...(yes Polly, i DID smile!) but....they are
all now made in china. And, i try very hard to not buy made in china,
if i can help it.

does anyone have a pfaff 1530 or 40 they would like to see live in
NJ???

Betsey
Old December 6th 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam[_2_]

Hi Betsey,
I have a Pfaff 1540 that I love! And yes, it makes me smile, too! I hope you
can find one- it's been a great machine.
Pam

Old December 7th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I looked over at ebay to see if anyone had a 1530 or a 40. Nope. Buying a
sm on ebay is, of course, taking a few risks but I have done it several
times with happy success. There's no dealer within 50 miles of here - the
nearest is a Pfaff dealer and I'm a Bernina person so I really don't have
the advantage of testing and lessons.
I could not, would not (Sam I am) buy a China sm. Might buy one from a
glazed-eyed guy in a raincoat out behind BigHearted Eddie's Pawn Shop but I
do have a few scruples. Polly

Old December 7th 11, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

some of the local gals have found nice machines at pawn shops
over the years. really.
I am enjoying the reports on the machine shopping!
Taria, a bernina person at heart too

Old December 7th 11, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

"betsey" wrote in message
and tried out both mechanical and electronic sewing machines. *I kinda
liked the expression 3.0...(yes Polly, i DID smile!) but....they are
all now made in china. And, i try very hard to not buy made in china,
if i can help it.

does anyone have a pfaff 1530 or 40 they would like to see live in
NJ???

Betsey- Hide quoted text -

I will just keep my eyes and ears open! Now remember, i have a lovely
little viking 350...so i should not complain. plus some other nice
sewing machines (a featherweight, an ellure for embroidery) but I'm
just so tickled with that little pfaff i bought my DD.....

well, you all know the drill. I must confess, i have lust in my heart
for a pfaff. but a NON chinese made one!

betsey
Old December 7th 11, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 6, 8:42*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I looked over at ebay to see if anyone had a 1530 or a 40. *Nope. *Buying a
sm on ebay is, of course, taking a few risks but I have done it several
times with happy success. *There's no dealer within 50 miles of here - the
nearest is a Pfaff dealer and I'm a Bernina person so I really don't have
the advantage of testing and lessons.
* * I could not, would not (Sam I am) buy a China sm. *Might buy one from a
glazed-eyed guy in a raincoat out behind BigHearted Eddie's Pawn Shop but I
do have a few scruples. *Polly

the glazed eye guy is named earl. i've bought guitars (non chinese
ones!) from him as well...

Old December 7th 11, 12:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 6, 11:20*pm, "Kate in MI" wrote:
My LQS had a 2020 for sale not too long ago -- not sure if they still have
it or not. *I have a 2030 and a 7570 and LOVE LOVE LOVE them both. *True
workhorses!

Where are you? * (location-wise) -- *Maybe we could work out a way to get
this one to you (if it is still there).

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Kate-
i'm in NJ...but there is always ups! if you can provide me with the
name/email/website/phone of your LQS that would be wonderful! Thank
you!

betsey

Old December 7th 11, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

Pam"betsey" wrote in message

and tried out both mechanical and electronic sewing machines. *I kinda
liked the expression 3.0...(yes Polly, i DID smile!) but....they are
all now made in china. And, i try very hard to not buy made in china,
if i can help it.

does anyone have a pfaff 1530 or 40 they would like to see live in
NJ???

Betsey- Hide quoted text -

Betsey,
Where in NJ are you? I can check out my sm dealer and see if they
have any used Pfaff's next time I'm that way. Unless, it's near to
you as well?

Kim in NJ
Old December 7th 11, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Pam"betsey" wrote in message

and tried out both mechanical and electronic sewing machines. *I kinda
liked the expression 3.0...(yes Polly, i DID smile!) but....they are
all now made in china. And, i try very hard to not buy made in china,
if i can help it.

does anyone have a pfaff 1530 or 40 they would like to see live in
NJ???

Betsey- Hide quoted text -

Betsey,
Where in NJ are you? *I can check out my sm dealer and see if they
have any used Pfaff's next time I'm that way. *Unless, it's near to
you as well?

Kim in NJ- Hide quoted text -

im in southern NJ....hammonton. where are you?
Thank you!

betsey