OT Green Bean Cassarole- again!

Old December 4th 11, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Green Bean Cassarole- again!

Yesterday I got the giggles in the frozen foods section of Wal-Mart.
I was getting a few frozen dinners and found one from Marie Callender
that grabbed my attention. Above the description it says "with NEW
side dish" and continues "Steak in Mushroom Sauce- beef with roasted
red potatoes and classic green bean cassarole". It even has those
tacky french-fried onions in it!

I'm having it for lunch..... VBG

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO
Old December 4th 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_3_]

Sounds good! Was it?

Donna in Idaho

Old December 4th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, must have been new to them? Watch your sodium in
those frozen dinners. They are really high.
Taria, munching on caramel corn from Anna Belle's recipe!

Old December 4th 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

Glad you enjoy the recipe. DS 2 came for Thanksgiving and took home
two batches. One for the afternoon football game on Saturday and the
second to share at work. He also shared the recipe, guess they liked
it also.
Now I have to make some for the two of us.
Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old December 5th 11, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_3_]

Default Carmel Corn -- Was: OT Green Bean Cassarole- again!

Here's my all time favorite way to make caramel corn - no mess - when
you're through you throw away the brown paper bag.

One of my happy memories of my husband - he used to love caramel corn
made this way.

I only made caramel corn once in a roaster as someone posted - took me
over a week to get all the stuck on stuff off the pan!

Microwave Caramel Corn

Ingredients
4 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
1. Place the popped popcorn into a large brown paper bag. Set aside.
2. In a 2 quart casserole dish, or other heat-proof glass dish,
combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat
for 3 minutes in the microwave, then take out and stir until well
blended. Return to the microwave, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove
from microwave, and stir in the baking soda.
3. Pour syrup over the popcorn in the bag. Roll down the top once or
twice to close the bag, and shake to coat the corn. Place bag into the
microwave, and cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Remove, shake, flip
the bag over, and return it to the microwave. Cook for another 1
minute and 10 seconds. Dump the popcorn out onto waxed paper, and let
cool until coating is set. Store in an airtight container.

Donna in Idaho

Old December 5th 11, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I really Really like the canned fried onion rings. Okay. I know they're
extreme when it comes to salt but they do add a kick and crunch to the top
of otherwise plain things - or I like them warmed in the toaster. Might
even like them straight out of the can. There's also canned matchstick sort
of fried potatoes. They're hard to find but a fun addition if anybody's
making a trash mix of any kind - and don't forget the gold fish. Polly

news

Old December 5th 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Donna in Idaho" ...
[...]

Thanks Donna!
Barbara in FL

OT - my adzuki bean experiment Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_] Quilting 2 October 9th 09 04:27 PM
Bean Salad recipe (OT) Katherine Yarn 8 July 14th 05 10:43 PM
Bean Bag Chair Joy Hardie Sewing 1 May 15th 04 01:30 PM
OT and Question for the fabric challenge group of 6 or so (pink-lavender-green paisley and Turq and green leaves) QuiltShopHopper Quilting 1 May 9th 04 03:41 AM
cassarole lids sandi Pottery 3 April 21st 04 08:52 PM