So - what are you stitching

Old June 25th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default So - what are you stitching

On 6/25/09 12:10 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

What am I stitching on currently?

Let us see.

Mystic by Ruth Dilts which I need to do some progress on as our class
is Sunday.

Night Flight by Amybear. I think I rubbed my elbow raw on the table
while stitching on this on Monday. Yuck.

And because yesterday was guild meeting and we were doing a class by
Betsy Morgan, her All Year Square Pin Cube, I pulled out my unfinished
Betsy project from last year. A morning glory piece over one on 32ct.
(side note: Betsy's designing name is Willing Hands. Her kits are
only available through classes. If you google, you may find some
amazing photos. Or not. depending on your taste. I think she's
brilliant.)

And, one last one, by Monkeyworks - Under the Sea. I may this info
wrong as I tend to rename things in my head.

Donna in Virginia

You know Donna, you are very dangerous poster....

So - first: do you know of a website for Betsy Morgan? I found the All Year
pin cube and want to see more

I want an Amybear - Bouquet
I want the Ruth Dilts cubes/shapes. Any of them, all of them

The Monkey Works page seems to be down - if she is in the UK

I agree she's dangerous. I could have lived a long and happy life not
knowing about Betsy Morgan, but now I'm doomed to discontent until I get
my hands on at least one of her charts! VBG

sue

I went a lookin' - could not find anything but pictures of Betsy Morgan
class projects. Not even her own website.

I think she's been to Celebration of Needlework before. Maybe she will again
and you could come up...

Donna said she only sells through her classes, not in stores/online.

Sue

I, once and only once, found someone selling a class kit - and it wasn't on
ebay but a semilocal swap group.

Cheryl

Old June 25th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sha

On Jun 23, 8:23*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've been stitching away at a baby dragon alphabet. I've also spent a little
time on Bouquet for Cheryl in the DMC variation dark green. I've also got a
purse project that hasn't been touched since lacrosse practices ended. But
since DD is going to a lacrosse clinic, I guess I'll have the chance.

Cheryl

Altho' I don't usually do kits, I couldn't resist this one - It's
called Lofty Living by Bucilla (a bunch of birdhouses) ... It took me
a good 1 1/2 days to match the floss to DMC before I could start it -
I hate not knowing what floss I'm working with - and don't ya just
love it when they say - lt. pale grey, lt. grey, pale grey, lightest
pale grey, grey, medium grey blah de blah You'd think it was a crime
to tell us what floss they're using so we could convert to what we
like to use. Oh well, no one yanked my arm to buy it, did they? :-)

Sharon (N.B.)
Old June 25th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 6/25/09 12:10 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

If you ever do come across a resource for the kits, please, please share.
I would love to attempt one.

Old June 25th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Sha" wrote in message
[...]

Here a conversion chart that's right from Dimension's web site. I think
they may even be using DMC thread in their kits.

http://www.dimensions-craft.com/pdfs...conversion.pdf

Lucille

Old June 25th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

Y'know, you're local enough, Sue, that you could do one of her classes. You
could probably e-mail Betsy and find out when/where she's teaching and just
c'mon down.....

ellice

Old June 25th 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/25/09 9:11 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

Ruth's stuff is pretty available. We can give you the number of the local
shops that carry a lot of her stuff. She has a freebie up on the Rainbow
Gallery site. Ruth is local here now - and reps for Rainbow Gallery.

Amybear - she sells directly off her website IIRC.

The Monkey Works page seems to be down - if she is in the UK

Ellice

Old June 25th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/25/09 11:22 AM, "MelissaD" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

I know I've seen Betsy Morgan teaching for EGA chapter workshops as
well. I am hoping we can get her signed up one day for our chapter -
the few photos I've seen are delicious!

MelissaD

Honestly, I believe that most of Betsy's teaching is for EGA chapters, or I
think she's done some Sampler group things. Her work is beautiful.

Ellice

Old June 26th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 12:10 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

That's encouraging, because I'm not sure I could afford one of her classes!

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old June 26th 09, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/25/09 1:40 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 6/25/09 11:22 AM, "MelissaD" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

If she does Celebrations again, I think I'll take the class... Starting to
save my shekels...

Old June 26th 09, 12:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/25/09 8:08 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 12:10 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 10:06 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

[...]

Well, keep your eyes open.

But, I believe BM will be in Nashua this fall

http://www.celebrationofnw.com/seminars.php

And the course, kits, evening round robin and all food for two days (hotel,
not sure) is $430 and not half bad.

Cheryl

Been Stitching Away! alicia in Hawaii Needlework 0 June 15th 08 10:08 PM
New stitching tip Joan E. Needlework 1 May 19th 08 05:53 PM
What we're stitching now... Jere Williams Needlework 275 April 22nd 06 08:04 PM
what we're stitching now Jere Williams Needlework 2 November 9th 05 11:16 AM
Stitching Over 1 Tia Mary Needlework 5 August 22nd 05 05:36 AM