Canada Day - what are you doing?

Old June 30th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Default Canada Day - what are you doing?

Happy Dominion Day tomorrow to all my fellow Canadians.

I'll be spending part of the day at Belleville in the park with a
display and demo of needlework from our local Guild. We are taking
shifts, but since I have the Guild banner, I have to be there early.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is better than today,
but rain is forecast.

MargW
Old July 1st 09, 05:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"MargW" wrote
Happy Dominion Day tomorrow to all my fellow Canadians.

Not working!
SInce I have already sung the feminist version of O Canada in church, and
protested the singing of The Maple Leaf Forever in the same
church......what's left????
Actually, I have thought at least as far as morning, and think I will make
pancakes with Saskatoon berries and look out the maple syrup. And I think
it most appropriate to raise a glass to Sir John A. in the evening; he would
be deeply appreciative.

Hey Sheena, is your tshirt the one with John A. Macdonald and the moose
eating maple leaves???

Dawne

Old July 1st 09, 09:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Default Dominion Day was Canada Day - what are you doing?

"MargW" wrote in message
Happy Dominion Day tomorrow to all my fellow Canadians.
snip

MargW

The least amount I can get away with at least until someone around here
screams that the lawn needs cutting. This DOMINION DAY we will see temps in
the 80s and about that many skeeters per square foot.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old July 1st 09, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:02:57 -0400, MargW
wrote:

Happy Dominion Day tomorrow to all my fellow Canadians.

I'll be spending part of the day at Belleville in the park with a
display and demo of needlework from our local Guild. We are taking
shifts, but since I have the Guild banner, I have to be there early.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is better than today,
but rain is forecast.

MargW

And a Happy Dominion Day to you as well ! Think this is probably the
last year I can make my Happy Dominion Day tshirt get an airing lol

Can we assume that the characters "mini" are suitably placed on the front of
the tshirt or have you gone politically correct on us and had Happy DOminiOn
Day printed on the back? LOL

Old July 1st 09, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

On Jul 1, 7:06*am, wrote:

Have you seen the google sign today ? *It has a rather strange looking
Mountie in the google !

Must just be displayed in Canada...just looked and ours doesn't have
it.

Joan
Old July 1st 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

Have a great holiday to all you Canucks!!!

Joan
Old July 1st 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

On Jun 30, 11:38*pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:

Actually, I have thought at least as far as morning, and think I will make
pancakes with Saskatoon berries .... *

Ooooo, yum! Mine are *just* starting to ripen. Everything is about 2
weeks late here. I can easily keep track of them because I have some
in a pot right out my front window, waiting for the berries to ripen
and eat...*then* I'll plant it back with my other two.

Joan
Old July 1st 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

On Jul 1, 3:31*am, "Fred" wrote:
This DOMINION DAY we will see temps in
the 80s and about that many skeeters per square foot.

You have skeeters? They've been oddly absent here, especially
considering the amount of rain we've had. Not that I'm complaining,
mind you....

Joan

greetings from canada adele Yarn 1 December 9th 07 05:49 PM
Hi There from Canada...... Heather Beads 15 August 29th 07 05:10 AM
Going to Canada! Tia Mary Needlework 12 January 29th 06 02:41 PM
Oh Canada!! Cindy Schoepp Beads 1 June 19th 05 03:31 PM
Happy Canada Day JudyTurpin Yarn 0 July 3rd 03 10:09 PM