Rotary cutters/Create and Craft tv

Old December 4th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Default Rotary cutters/Create and Craft tv

I've just been watching Jennie Rayment on UK Sky tv's Create and Craft
and she was demonstrating TrueCut rotary cutters which are made to go
with their rulers which have a lip on them so the cutter doesn't
suddenly wobble and deviate. There was also a TrueCut blade sharpener
demonstrated. Has anyone tried these - the concept looked interesting.
The rulers were unbreakable too, and had lots of cut-outs in them which
looked useful as well as aiding grip. I Googled and they are already
available in the US.

For any UKers, I've looked if there is a repeat but there's not one
listed (listings go up to next Friday), but today's was at 2.00pm -
3.00pm. Wonder if there will be another quilting programme next Sunday
(Sky 671 | Freeview 36 | Freesat 813 - most of the progs. are
never-ending cardmaking, but there is a Web-site -
http://www.createandcraft.tv/homepage.aspx
They work hard at selling = there are either a lot of rich card-makers,
or a lot of bankrupt ones!

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside
Old December 4th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Rotary cutters/irons non-auto

There's a Rowenta over at Allbrands that does not have the auto-shutoff.
Mine do better with jugs of drinking water rather than our well water. I
know it is beneath our station in life but it is okay to read the directions
that come with the iron and actually flush it out; about every 6 months
might not be too often. Polly

Old December 5th 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Dec 4, 5:53*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside- Hide quoted text -

Been saying this for years, Polly, with respect to Rowenta's. Mine do
just fine using the tap water the directions say it needs. The other
one wants distilled water. Having cord issues currently with both of
my irons but no water issues with either. I think it's mainly the men-
folk who don't read the directions.

Rotary Cutters - aGAIN! Tina Quilting 37 November 6th 05 04:18 AM
Rotary cutters are SHARP!!!!! marbles_2 Quilting 11 October 31st 05 12:08 AM
rotary cutters Cynthia Mason Quilting 11 September 21st 04 11:46 PM
Rotary cutters- - Which are best? WInomad Quilting 9 March 5th 04 01:13 AM
Pain from rotary cutters? Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 22 July 19th 03 01:43 PM