Need Dutch spiral pattern

Old February 25th 05, 04:06 PM
roxan

Default Need Dutch spiral pattern

I have been trying to work out a new spiral design and can't find one that I
like. I started a new one using 6lb. fireline and I can't get the tension
right. I think I will have to go back to using thread. Has anyone tried
using fireline for spirals?
Does anyone have any good Dutch spiral patterns you could share?
Roxan

Old February 25th 05, 06:40 PM
Armand Vine

http://beadwork.about.com/cs/beadsho...piralchain.htm
this one is not illustrated.

http://www.beadingbanshee.com/free/dutch-variation.html
this one is illustrated.

good luck
Armand

Old February 25th 05, 06:42 PM
Armand Vine

http://beadweaverdreams.homestead.com/dspic.html
here is another illustrated one

Old February 25th 05, 07:41 PM
Dr. Sooz

I think there's more than one on the Links List under Instruction.

Old February 25th 05, 09:57 PM
roxan

Do you have any problem with the tension? I have been having trouble with
the tension not being tight enough no matter what I do.
Roxan
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "roxan"
:

]Has anyone tried
]using fireline for spirals?

it's all i ever use. for anything.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old February 25th 05, 10:05 PM
roxan

Thanks Armand this is what I was looking for.
Roxan

Old February 25th 05, 10:05 PM
roxan

Thanks VJ. I will try again and see what happens.
Roxan
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "roxan"
:

]Do you have any problem with the tension? I have been having trouble with
]the tension not being tight enough no matter what I do.

always.
but not as bad as on some other stitches.
*generally* it doesn't slip - the only row i have trouble with is the
one i'm currently working on. once i move to the next row, it seems
to stay put.

of course, i've been known to have cramps in my hands, too!

Old February 26th 05, 04:35 AM
Marisa Cappetta

What size seed bead are you using? In general I find the larger seed beads
are harder to tension correctly. I like 8's for that reason - they're almost
self tensioning.
Marisa AU/NZ

Old February 27th 05, 08:46 PM
roxan

You are so right. It is the larger beads that I am having trouble with. I
thought it was just the FireLine but it is the beads. I thought of using two
threads to secure tighter while working on it and then taking the second
FireLine out after it is finished. I will let you know if it works.
Roxan

"roxan" wrote in message
I have been trying to work out a new spiral design and can't find one

that
like. I started a new one using 6lb. fireline and I can't get the

tension
right. I think I will have to go back to using thread. Has anyone

tried
using fireline for spirals?
Does anyone have any good Dutch spiral patterns you could share?
Roxan

dutch spiral? AND my FIRST beaded ornament Beadbimbo Beads 21 October 27th 04 07:01 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
pattern construction book ? JJMolvik Yarn 2 April 2nd 04 09:11 PM
FA: Abundance of Vogue patterns buck16 Marketplace 0 February 20th 04 09:48 PM
Copyrights and Pattern Usage [email protected] Sewing 0 November 28th 03 06:08 PM