OT The things mums do

Old May 16th 05, 10:38 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT The things mums do

This past Thursday I was informed by DD1 she would have to dress up in a
long "olden day" dress on Tuesday (that's tomorrow). Help! Work on Friday,
not many $$, thinkiing, thinking..... Bingo. Take one hand me down 2 size
to big brown velvet skirt. Take one white t-shirt with short brownish
sleeves. Join said skirt to said t-shirt not far below armpits, cut off
excess and voila one olden day dress (sorta but passable).

This afternoon in car DD2 says - we have to wear an olden day dress WITH an
apron. Car screeches to halt and mummy screams WHAT?????? Deep healing
breath (repeat 20 times). Find old flower girl dress from my wedding
(handed down from original wearer who is now 17 to my DD2) try on. With
black tights and boots will be perfect. Now to the apron. Calico/muslin
edged in blue floral (matches well with the dress). 2 hours later one
passable (better than passable) apron.

What will they throw at me tomorrow?????

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (who is headed for a
late and cold dinner)

Old May 16th 05, 11:36 AM
Polly Esther

Atta girl, Sharon. Good, good for you. What's just amazing about your
accomplishment is that you were told before 8 pm the night before the olden
day event. If you're wondering why in the world the teachers suggest such an
outrageous thing for the mums to manage, among other things, it is so much
fun. We have done Shakespeare times and the fifties this year and the
children really enjoyed it, even the sophisticated and the boys. Proud of
you, Polly

Old May 16th 05, 02:57 PM
maryd

Boy, am I glad I'm passed those days.

--
Mary
:
: This afternoon in car DD2 says - we have to wear an olden day dress WITH
an
: apron. Car screeches to halt and mummy screams WHAT?????? Deep healing
: breath (repeat 20 times). Find old flower girl dress from my wedding
: (handed down from original wearer who is now 17 to my DD2) try on. With
: black tights and boots will be perfect. Now to the apron. Calico/muslin
: edged in blue floral (matches well with the dress). 2 hours later one
: passable (better than passable) apron.
:
: What will they throw at me tomorrow?????
:
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (who is headed for a
: late and cold dinner)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
:
:

Old May 16th 05, 03:31 PM
Taria

that's what I was thinking Mary. Not much room for moms at college,
thank goodness!
Have fun Sharon. Take a camera.
Taria

Old May 16th 05, 03:53 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Ahhhhh - you just took me down memory lane.... my kids always did this to me
..... the day before it was due. "Oh Mom - I forgot ... I need ???????
tomorrow!!!" It's a miracle we all made it to this point. I can't count
the nights I was up all night sewing or baking or something.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old May 16th 05, 03:53 PM
Mary

I recall a niece in need of a Halloween costume on very little notice.
She stopped by my house, and told me she hoped I would let her go
through my clothes closet! (MY CLOSET!!!) Well, she found a pair of
paisley polyester "pallazzo pants", put sandals and a slinky black top
with it, and went to the party as Cher! (MY CLOSET!!!)

Old May 16th 05, 04:26 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on being able to come through in a pinch. It's always
that way, though, isn't it? They always spring things on us *way* too
suddenly. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1