OT - kinda sad - QI diagnosed with cancer..

Old December 9th 05, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - kinda sad - QI diagnosed with cancer..

Just tell her how much you love her and tell her how wonderful she is. We
are all here thinking about you and sharing your grief, as we all have been
where you are now. Hey Everybody, it's time to get off the computer and go
love a furbaby.
Cyndi

Old December 10th 05, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 9 Dec 2005 09:51:35 -0800, "FurrsomeFoursome"
wrote:

Sorry to vent, but it seems the online people in my life are the ones
who understand.

Panda ov Toes, Polydactyl Barn Cat Extraordinaire, current senior QI
and my online namesake, will have to be leaving us sooner rather than
later. What we hoped was "just" an infection from her dental work
about a month ago has now been confirmed to be squamous cell carcinoma,
growing fast. It was not detected in the first biopsy with her
original dental work, but the vet did a revision surgery to look for
what we thought might be an abcess when her jaw kept swelling, and the
second biopsy identified the SCC.

She is for right now on pain medication and other than being extremely
drooly because her tongue is hanging out, she's still eating, purring
and playing, so it's not quite time to say goodbye. But our timeframe
is I think weeks at best, several days at worst. Her eating is already
less enthusiastic than usual - she really wants and likes all the treat
food, but she eats until her mouth is uncomfortable then goes and
grooms her self, grumbling about it. The OTHER 3/4-some figure they're
in treat heaven as they get to clean up all the half-portions of treat
food Panda doesn't finish.

Needless to say, I'm not quilting much right now, just constantly
coaxing food into my Toesey-cat, and cleaning up the drool and the odd
little litter box mess that trails after her (she's got the runs for an
antibiotic we have now stopped, knowing it's not an infection). I have
to groom her, too, as she's having trouble with that but so far she
likes being rubbed all over with a warm damp cloth - she purrs like a
truck and tries to "wash" me back, still.

Wondering what to do with the growing collection of tiny funeral urns
I'm getting.... :-(

Johanna & (for now) Furrsome Foursome

I'm so sorry to hear this. I would be devastated if anything like
that happened to my Sashenka, so I bet you're the same. It seems like
you're giving Panda as much love as you can... what else is there to
do? As long as she feels loved and isn't uncomfortable....
Many hugs from Dundee. (((hugs)))

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 10th 05, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Johanna, so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. She is very lucky to
spend the remainder of her days with a loving family who can make sure her
end is sweet and as painless as possible.

My Miss Paisley, who just turned 15, has been showing signs of some type of
neurological disease for some time now. We've done a lot of tests to rule
things out but the next level of testing would be invasive and the vet
indicated after all was said and done, the news would not be good. So we
choose not to put her through all that. She's a tiny little thing now, down
to 12 pounds, but sweet and loving. She's mostly deaf and has terrible
cataracts which impair her sight, but Kirby guides her when needed. Still
eating ok and drinking ok. The worst of it is she doesn't have complete
control over her bladder so we keep her out of our rooms that are carpeted.
And if she gets too excited, it could put her into a seizure. So we keep
her calm and comfortable. I know the day will come when I need to make that
decision, but it's not today. Hopefully, it won't be tomorrow either.

So, love'm while you've got'em.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

ups.com...
:

Old December 10th 05, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Your Kirby is a real dear Alice and you are so right about love'm
while you've got'em with all our friends, family and pets.

I have been gathering courage to get Georgia to the vet for the first
surgery on her knee. I talked to a cousin today who is kind of a
psychic. She said go for it. She also told me that my old dog Lea sent
this dog to me because she knew I needed her. I don't know if I can go
there but it was such a touching thought that I really have to embrace
it. It made me feel very good and that was worth a lot.
Hugs to Miss PAisley and her special guide.

Keeping Johanna and her kitty in my thoughts,
Taria

Old December 10th 05, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I really believe these critters have their own language and communication
system. Kirby is only a bit over 2 years and Miss Paisley is 15 but he
knows when she needs to go out and guides her down the deck steps. He
guards her when she eats, and then he eats. He doesn't go out unless she
does and he waits for her to go out the back door first. It's amazing to
watch. I have told my DH that when Miss Paisley does finally cross the
bridge, I don't want to get another dog, but I am hoping Kirby will be okay
without her. I'm starting to think they are more connected than we think.
--

:

Old December 10th 05, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

*comfort*

T.

Old December 10th 05, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So sad for you and your cat.
Hope neither of you suffers too much.

Claudia

Old December 10th 05, 08:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

When you think how 'difficult'! Kirby was to train etc, and what a
little scamp he was, isn't it wonderful that he can do this for his dear
old friend.
One of my rabbits has a bit of a swallowing problem and sort of coughs
and spits. When that happens, her sister (whom she lives with) goes to
her side and pushes up close and starts to groom her. There is true
affection between them, just as between little Kirby and Miss Paisley.
..
In message , AliceW
writes
I really believe these critters have their own language and communication
system. Kirby is only a bit over 2 years and Miss Paisley is 15 but he
knows when she needs to go out and guides her down the deck steps. He
guards her when she eats, and then he eats. He doesn't go out unless she
does and he waits for her to go out the back door first. It's amazing to
watch. I have told my DH that when Miss Paisley does finally cross the
bridge, I don't want to get another dog, but I am hoping Kirby will be okay
without her. I'm starting to think they are more connected than we think.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 10th 05, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So sorry to hear this Johanna. Poor little Panda - and poor you, as you
are aware of the consequences etc whereas she is not.
Hopefully she will just be enjoying getting so much of 'you'.
{{{{{Johanna and Panda}}}}}
..
In message . com,
FurrsomeFoursome writes

Ribbon Colors Helen C Beads 9 July 14th 05 04:20 AM
eBay Quilt Auction for Breast Cancer Peck Auction Quilting 8 November 26th 03 02:30 PM
eBay Quilt Auction for Breast Cancer Peck Auction Marketplace 0 November 18th 03 12:42 AM