embroidering over applique

Old April 23rd 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default embroidering over applique

Yesterday i continued to work on a wall hanging where i tried to use
the "Form of the letters of a Saying" as a Integral part of the Form ,
+The letters Were the Design of the form .
I decided to First Applique the Letters with the sewing machine Zigzag
and later embroider added Details by hand ,,, Thus i Appliqued the
work yesterday and hung it up , so that i will see it first thing in
the morning and i am very pleased with it.
The Saying is part of a Tanach saying ,, As a Tree Planted On
Rivulets of water"
Thus i designed the Hebrew words of Ve Haya Ke ETZ , as Big green
Foliage , while the letters of Planted are in Brown and make the
Trunk ..
Now that the Basic Letters are appliqued i can slowly work the hand
embroidery while carrying it with me, even when traveling in train
etc,.,,,,
mirjam
Old April 23rd 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

The Saying is part of a Tanach saying ,, As a Tree Planted On
Rivulets of water"

I think that saying is the source of a popular trade union anthem sung at
strikes..."like a tree that's planted by the water, We Shall Not Be Moved!"
Dawne

Old April 24th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Apr 23, 9:38*am, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
The Saying is part of a Tanach saying ,, As a *Tree Planted On
Rivulets of water"

I think that saying is the source of a popular trade union anthem sung at
strikes..."like a tree that's planted by the water, We Shall Not Be Moved!"
Dawne

Could Be Dawne , i never heard that song , but i know a lot of the
Tanach sayings about trees.
And of course i planted many Trees , since childhood.
And several trees appear in some of my works.
mirjam