Eggs

Old November 4th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Eggs

After the recent paint job, I went into a reorganization frenzy. In the
process, I unearthed a trapunto/candlewicking kit. It was put out by the
Creative Circle, circa 1986, and is called Still Life Trapunto. I got it from
Ebay and started doing the flower filled pitcher as directed, using satin and
stem stitches in white and beige floss. Despite almost always finishing what I
start stitching, something about the design or maybe the way I was working it
said "stop now!"

On this go-round, I decided to make it colorful by using over dyed and
varigated floss for the peonies and other somewhat styalized flowers. For the
most part, I'm happy with the way they look.

The eggs in the basket are supposed be backstiched after attaching another
piece of fabric and then 'trapuntoed' (snip a place in the back and stuff the
area). I'm toying with the idea of using different sized pieces of felt or
padded satin stitches on the top of some of the eggs for a 3D effect. I'm
stumped (little pun) about the color families of DMC thread and stitches I can
use for the eggs. I've got a collection of crewel wools in white, beige, or
brown as well. However, I don't want the 3D eggs to be the focal point, so
please think about subtle coloring and 'stuffing.'

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old November 6th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Anne as i started reading this i imidaitely thought FELT eggs ,,,,,
take some beize or even light pink fel and add some tiny shiny
`strokes` of a shiny thread ,,,,, and even a tiny bead or two ,,, you
might also use a piece of old lace , some eggs have this uneven
surface ,
mirjam

Old November 7th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen said
Anne as i started reading this i imidaitely thought FELT eggs ,,,,,
take some beize or even light pink fel and add some tiny shiny
`strokes` of a shiny thread ,,,,, and even a tiny bead or two ,,, you
might also use a piece of old lace , some eggs have this uneven
surface ,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the strokes on a piece of egg-shaped felt.
However, the results didn't 'fit' with the rest of the work but you reminded me
that not all eggs are white. I now have several multicolored eggs plus a light
aqua blue one that was satin stitched over several layers of felt padding for a
three dimensional look.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old November 8th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sorry Anne i wasn` t a tottal help but happy to have at least help you
remember that eggs have many colors ,,, i wish a happy creative time
with this work
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen said
Anne as i started reading this i imidaitely thought FELT eggs ,,,,,
take some beize or even light pink fel and add some tiny shiny
`strokes` of a shiny thread ,,,,, and even a tiny bead or two ,,, you
might also use a piece of old lace , some eggs have this uneven
surface ,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the strokes on a piece of egg-shaped felt.
However, the results didn't 'fit' with the rest of the work but you reminded me
that not all eggs are white. I now have several multicolored eggs plus a light
aqua blue one that was satin stitched over several layers of felt padding for a
three dimensional look.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

Covering ceramic eggs ozana Polymer Clay 2 December 1st 05 09:12 PM
new eggs page Sjpolyclay Polymer Clay 12 December 4th 04 12:54 AM
FA: You Can Create Exquisite Eggs, Morris, TPB Number1Fred Marketplace 0 June 14th 04 12:29 AM
AD-Duck Eggs Jonathan General Crafting 0 January 31st 04 01:49 PM