OT - Way OT happy dance

Old March 22nd 05, 02:07 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT - Way OT happy dance

After years of trying to get DS to read, something, anything, I appear to
have hooked him on Joe Haldeman. He spent all weekend reading The Forever
War, now has Forever Peace and I have locate my copy of Forever Free.

Cheryl

Old March 22nd 05, 03:36 PM
Cheryl Isaak

It's pretty funny, he's taken Forever Peace to school with him.
Last thing he read was Band of Brothers by Steven Ambrose. So much for the
kid that might never learn to read! LOL
Cheryl

Old March 23rd 05, 03:29 PM
Seaspray

Hi Cheryl,

My DS did not like to read as well. And believe me I tried everything. A
trip to Midievil Times Restaurant changed all that! Who would have guessed.
He became really interested in King Arthur stories. He read all that he
could in that genre, Gerald Morris being one of his favs. He is now into
Sci-Fi and Forgotton Realms, Lord of the Rings, that kind of thing.

You just never know what will spark their interest in reading, but when you
do....run with it! His grades have improved a lot since he began to read
along with his writing skills. All they say about reading is true.

Three cheers for your DH!
Diane
**********

Old March 23rd 05, 04:05 PM
Cheryl Isaak

DS's big thing is WWII at the moment - not really sure why, but heck, he's
interested.

I can't see "fantasy" appealing to DS - he's to grounded in the "real" for
it to click!

I just finished a pair of great books - Electric Dreams (HS kids building a
ZEV car) and Shadow Divers (divers finds a German WWII sub off the coast of
NJ). Both were compelling reads.

Cheryl

,
"Lucille" wrote:

Way to Go Cheryl--It's a great beginning.

Lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
After years of trying to get DS to read, something, anything, I appear

have hooked him on Joe Haldeman. He spent all weekend reading The

Forever
War, now has Forever Peace and I have locate my copy of Forever Free.

Cheryl

happy, HAPPY dance... Marijke Quilting 18 June 25th 04 03:40 AM
Happy Happy Happy Dance Debbi Quilting 18 June 3rd 04 07:50 PM
2 YEAR HAPPY DANCE IN WAITING!!!!!!!!!!! Angbug Needlework 3 April 26th 04 08:40 PM
Happy Dance Jan Dunaway Quilting 15 September 23rd 03 02:16 PM
Happy happy dance dance.... Kellie J. Berger Quilting 5 September 20th 03 01:42 PM