Anyone working on anything?

Old November 9th 10, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Anyone working on anything?

Mary have you tried working on 2 circulars needles. i thought it
impossible for a long while, than looked closely at a UTUBE where they
demonstrate it, and now knit all my sleeves in this method... thus you
knit 2 round items at the same time.
mirjam
Old November 9th 10, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

The Changing weather patterns, made me realize that a front open light
sweater would be very practical , thus i am knitting myself one [ in
Eggplant color].
mirjam

That sounds lovely!

Lynne

Thank you Lynne.
since i am knitting downwards i have time to think about the finish
and am considering maybe opening the the underpart slowly towards the
sides more like an elongated bolero .....still have some knitting to
do before reaching that point. Strange that with time i am glad to
knit with thinner wools....something i didn`t like 20 years ago.
mirjam
Old November 9th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"mirjam" wrote in message

The Changing weather patterns, made me realize that a front open light
sweater would be very practical , thus i am knitting myself one [ in
Eggplant color].
mirjam

That sounds lovely!

Lynne

Thank you Lynne.
since i am knitting downwards i have time to think about the finish
and am considering maybe opening the the underpart slowly towards the
sides more like an elongated bolero .....still have some knitting to
do before reaching that point. Strange that with time i am glad to
knit with thinner wools....something i didn`t like 20 years ago.
mirjam

With me time has made me really think about the quality of yarn I use. I
use to be a Red Heart Acrylic person. I really didn't know any better. I
was scratchy and I didn't want it next to my skin. Now my eyes are open to
the wide world of fibers. Right now I have a vest I'm making out of corn
yarn. I'm finishing up a scarf made with mohair. I'm going to make some
mittens and a hat out of some really nice super washed hand dyed wool. Yes,
the fibers cost quite a bit more, but the outcome is so much nicer.

Don't get me wrong I am making an aphgan out of some Bernat acrylic, so I
haven't given up on cheaper yarns all together.

Lynne

Old November 9th 10, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

With me time has made me really think about the quality of yarn I
use. *I
use to be a Red Heart Acrylic person. *I really didn't know any better. *I
was scratchy and I didn't want it next to my skin. *Now my eyes are open to
the wide world of fibers. *Right now I have a vest I'm making out of corn
yarn. *I'm finishing up a scarf made with mohair. *I'm going to make some
mittens and a hat out of some really nice super washed hand dyed wool. *Yes,
the fibers cost quite a bit more, but the outcome is so much nicer.

Don't get me wrong I am making an aphgan out of some Bernat acrylic, so I
haven't given up on cheaper yarns all together.

Lynne

Can`t touch the Synthetics , [man made threads] use only natural
ones,
mirjam
Old November 9th 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Irondale

I'm new here so I'm just jumping in if that's ok. I hail
from the State of Washington and it's cold!

I just finished a pair of felted slippers that unfortunately
did not fit my aunt. But they fit me and now another will
have
to be made. I'm also working on a crochet hat. It's a cute
pattern that I found on the web but it's also one of those
"am I really gonna wear this hat?" thingie.

My name is Donna, 2 kids all grown up and on their on and
I'm
single (hate the word divorce!)

Hope to get to know you all soon. I've been knitting since
my
gramma taught me when I was 9. Learned to crochet on my
own.

So, hello!

Donna

I just finished the Kimono Shawl designed by Cheryl Oberle.
If you
are on Ravelry you can take a peek here. I'm now knitting
the same
pattern as a scarf, but using 10 horizontal repeats to
make it
narrower.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Linda56/kimono-shawl

I've knit two slouchy berets from this pattern...one in
steel blue and
one in royal purple. If you want lots of slouch knit 2
extra pattern
repeats.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baroness-beret

and last week I finished an ear flap hat for my son, and I
have some
socks, an Infinite Scarf, and some socks on the needles.

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Old November 10th 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I'm crocheting and knitting hats for our local homeless people.

Carol Ann in WV

Old November 10th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn.Mary

Irondale wrote:
I'm new here so I'm just jumping in if that's ok. I hail
from the State of Washington and it's cold!

I just finished a pair of felted slippers that unfortunately
did not fit my aunt. But they fit me and now another will have
to be made. I'm also working on a crochet hat. It's a cute
pattern that I found on the web but it's also one of those
"am I really gonna wear this hat?" thingie.

My name is Donna, 2 kids all grown up and on their on and I'm
single (hate the word divorce!)

Hope to get to know you all soon. I've been knitting since my
gramma taught me when I was 9. Learned to crochet on my own.

So, hello!

Donna

As I said to Laura a few posts back........Welcome aboard.

Olwyn Mary in new Orleans
Old November 10th 10, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Welcome Donna , i am from Israel , We still don`t have REAL WINTER
here , i have knitted over
60 years now,,,,, crochet, sew embroider weave etc,,
mirjam
Old November 10th 10, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Nov 10, 3:36*am, wrote:
I'm crocheting and knitting hats for our local homeless people.

Carol Ann in WV

Hallo Carol Ann
mirjam
Old November 10th 10, 09:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kirsten Watson

In article , Irondale wrote:
My name is Donna, 2 kids all grown up and on their on and
I'm
single (hate the word divorce!)

Hi Donna, nice to meet you!

Kirsten