that message board

Old November 9th 11, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ms P[_2_]

Default that message board

I'm sure some of you know which one I'm talking about. I'm beginning to
feel like I'm being followed around by the mods and picked at. Today I got
an "infraction" for my signature lines. I had a post removed because I
called a quilt somebody asked me to repair a "cheap Chinese import." (I'll
bet people from China know their exports are cheap and are laughing all the
way to the bank.) I had several posts removed because I violated the rule
about only making one post a week in the classifieds. One post with 15
different things just doesn't make it easy for people to see things they
might want to buy. And they seem to changed the rules for posting
classified ads every time you turn around. They're even setting prices on
things now!!

The move to the new software has flat out sucked. There are so many people
that have to have detailed instructions just to add a picture to their posts
and they move to one of the most cluttered up, complicated software packages
there is for message boards and forums???? It's like they want to get rid
of people. I know several people left and started their own message
board/forum because of all the crap before the migration to the new software
even happened.

Ms P, I'm somebody else there.

Old November 9th 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Nov 9, 12:36*pm, "Ms P" wrote:
[...]

Not sure when your post regarding the quilt repair was removed but I
did see it. Can't speak about the charges for classifieds...not sure
that I've ever even looked at them and certainly haven't posted there.

I do agree the other software package was certainly easier to read but
I'm getting by. Change is hard. I saw someone else's post about
other forums using the same software. I don't visit that many forums
so can't speak about that either. And not knowing who you are there I
can't imagine why you had an 'infraction' about signature lines??? I
post there (and here) when I have something to say that hasn't been
said a thousand times before but that's about it. I must say, in
general, I prefer an 'unmoderated' board/forum as we have here. There
is a lot of good information on both sites and I enjoy them both for
that reason. Sometimes things can get out of hand on unmoderated
sites but, to me, the good far outweighs the bad.

Hope you stick around both places.

Kim in NJ (someone else there as well)
Old November 10th 11, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

so are you guys going to tell those of us that don't know what your talking
about
what message board it is? Kind of public here to talk about what some know
but
not to share with the others.
Taria

Old November 10th 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

"AuntK" *wrote in message

On Nov 9, 12:36 pm, "Ms P" wrote:

[...]

Kim in NJ (someone else there as well)- Hide quoted text -

Sorry...wasn't trying to be rude. Yes, quiltingboard.com. I had
originally heard of it here so thought many would be aware -
particularly because of all the buzz (there, at least) about their
recent software upgrade. I think it's a good site, lots of useful and
helpful information. Also lots of social and selling bits but those
are segregated so you have the choice to participate in those venues
or not.

Kim in NJ