Help, please.

Old November 1st 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce

Default Help, please.

I need to "talk" to someone who knows a lot about B-cell lymphoma,
specifically cutaneous, or CTCL. Phone would be great, but we're in South
Africa, so E-mail please.

Joyce n RSA.

Old November 1st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce

Thanks, Victoria and Sheena, but Sheena is right. I looked on Google, and
found some info, but there's so much of it, and it never answers questions
specifically. My DH has just been diagnosed, and I was not with him, so he
didn't ask any questions!

We'll see the doctor on Monday, when he expects to have the medication
necessary. I'll go with him, but don't expect the doc to have all the
answers. The dermatologist, seen in Bloemfontein a couple of weeks ago,
sent the biopsies all over the country, because he wasn't satisfied with the
negative results, he must have had a gut feeling about it.

I looked at that site, and found my question there, with your answers, but
no more on this type. I'll look again tomorrow.

Joyce in RSA.

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 09:59:49 -0500, Jangchub
opined:

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:36:36 +0200, "Joyce"
wrote:

I need to "talk" to someone who knows a lot about B-cell lymphoma,
specifically cutaneous, or CTCL. Phone would be great, but we're in

South
Africa, so E-mail please.

Joyce n RSA.

Joyce, there is no better place than the Internet to find out facts
about illness. I do urge you to not panic and be calm. I know when I
started reading the Internet about my chronic illness my head started
to spin off. If you want, just do a search as I did and came up with
so much information you'd be there all your life reading it.

Peace

Victoria

Vic, Joyce did say she needs to 'talk' to someone, the net isn't a
someone and it is often time consuming and difficult to sift through
everything to be sure you are getting good advice. Joyce is in South
Africa and I think has a dial up connection, so straight forward
emails from someone who knows would be far more applicable.

I did find this group you might find helpful Joyce

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=Search+Groups

Good Luck.

Old November 2nd 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
~Karen~

Joyce wrote:
I need to "talk" to someone who knows a lot about B-cell lymphoma,
specifically cutaneous, or CTCL. Phone would be great, but we're in South
Africa, so E-mail please.

Joyce n RSA.

Joyce, I haven't any experience with the type of cancer that you are
needing information on. I did get tons of help when my husband was
dealing with cancer through the email lists at http://www.acor.org/
They were wonderful and prompt. You can search their site for a
specific email list dealing with B-cell lymphoma. I believe the
different cancers are listed at the right of the page. Take a deep
breath and a notebook to jot down information the Dr. gives you. It
helps when you get home to have something written down to refer back to.
Karen