OT - Jim - got your snow shovel?

Old October 29th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Default OT - Jim - got your snow shovel?

Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:

LOL - that's what I remember of Halloween as a kid - bundled up
against the cold - sometimes over the costume. Sault Ste Marie could
be brutally cold at that time of the year.

I did a few years trick-or-treating in the Soo. Costumes
were hardly worth the bother, unless they were huge enough to fit
over the snow suit! Some kids had two costumes--one for indoor
parties, and one to go trick-or-treating in.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Interesting - This was back in the late '50s. We lived on Pine St, and I
went to Queen Elizabeth School. We moved when I was 12.

Lots of family in and around the city.

MargW
Old October 29th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:

LOL - that's what I remember of Halloween as a kid - bundled up
against the cold - sometimes over the costume. Sault Ste Marie could
be brutally cold at that time of the year.

I did a few years trick-or-treating in the Soo. Costumes
were hardly worth the bother, unless they were huge enough to fit
over the snow suit! Some kids had two costumes--one for indoor
parties, and one to go trick-or-treating in.

Best wishes,
Ericka

I notice that Jim hasn't chimed in yet - I wonder if he is in the part
of Ottawa that is without power today?

MargW
Old October 29th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

MargW wrote:

Jim:

I'm sitting at the computer watching the sky to the north-east which was
pink and now has gone purple black as the sun sets and reflect on the
clouds. I just heard the CBC weather - yikes!! 10-15 cm (4-6 inches)of
the white stuff.

We're only supposed to get rain, but it looks like you are really in for
it. Hope you've got lots of stitching, a nice warm fire, and your
favourite beverage.

MargW

It's Wednesday 29 Oct and my broadband connection is back up after
disappearing on Saturday morning after a night of thunder & lightning;
apparently something on mainland Orkney was zapped by lightning early on
Saturday morning and most of the Northern Isles have had no broadband
since then. It's been very cold for the last 3 or 4 days plus torrential
hail & rain in a F9/F10 wind. However, this morning we had a clear blue
sky, which lasted for most of the day, with hardly any wind and just an
occasional cloud bringing a short, sharp shower. Apparently there's a
lot of snow further south
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old October 29th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka

MargW wrote:
Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:

LOL - that's what I remember of Halloween as a kid - bundled up
against the cold - sometimes over the costume. Sault Ste Marie could
be brutally cold at that time of the year.

I did a few years trick-or-treating in the Soo. Costumes
were hardly worth the bother, unless they were huge enough to fit
over the snow suit! Some kids had two costumes--one for indoor
parties, and one to go trick-or-treating in.

Interesting - This was back in the late '50s. We lived on Pine St, and I
went to Queen Elizabeth School. We moved when I was 12.

Wow, wrong time, but I would have lived just around the
block on Brown St., right at the end at the bottom of Easterday
hill. I was about 8-10 years old while there, but that would
have been in the early/mid 70s. I think I went to Washington
Elementary.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old October 29th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:
Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:

[...]

I just realized there was a Pine St in Soo, Michigan. We were on the
other side We used to take the ferry across the river to shop on the
US side. If you do a Google map request, you'll see that Pine St on the
Canadian side is on the eastern side of town near Belleview Park.

MargW
Old October 29th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka

MargW wrote:
Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:
Ericka wrote:
MargW wrote:

[...]

Ahhhhh! I was on the US side. I was wondering where
Queen Elizabeth School was! ;-) We would also go over to the
other side of the river to shop and visit and such. How funny
that both had Pine Streets.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old October 30th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

We have had a few snow flakes but nothing serious. Blame it on global
warming.
That is where our cows and bulls weighing 1/2 a ton are trying their best to
emit as much methane gas and poop as a million or so buffalo/bison that
were here years ago or the much earlier 120 ton dinosaur. Do the math
folks.....

Fred,
http://www.stitchaway.com
If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance.

Old November 2nd 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Default OT Global Warming was Jim - got your snow shovel?

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:03:28 -0500, "Fred"
opined:

We have had a few snow flakes but nothing serious. Blame it on global
warming.
That is where our cows and bulls weighing 1/2 a ton are trying their best
emit as much methane gas and poop as a million or so buffalo/bison that
were here years ago or the much earlier 120 ton dinosaur. Do the math
folks.....

Fred,
http://www.stitchaway.com
If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance.

Fred, you break me up

Well if the methane gas hasn't seeped through the cracks and hampered your
agro capablities do you have any idea what kind of veggies would grow best
with dino poop as a natural fertilizer??g

Fred,
http://www.stitchaway.com
If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance.