needlework chat

Old June 1st 04, 01:39 PM
BDS2pds

Default needlework chat

Is there a good chat somewhere now that about.com has none?
Old June 1st 04, 02:39 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Well, you could always visit "Plain and Fancy"
http://heritageshoppe.com/cgibin/Ultimate.cgi

It's been around a long time, there are a few active posters, but
generally we need people to get people talking!

Dianne

Old June 1st 04, 04:27 PM
Caryn

Well, you could always visit "Plain and Fancy"
http://heritageshoppe.com/cgibin/Ultimate.cgi

It's been around a long time, there are a few active posters, but
generally we need people to get people talking!

Message boards do not equal chat.

AOL has needlework chat for members, I participate regularly, and getting
immediate feedback can be much more fulfilling than message boards tend to be.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 1st 04, 04:58 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

And that, of course, is a matter of personal opinion, certainly not
speaking for all those reading this thread. Sometimes, on my board, we
actually do rather "chat" in that posts happen quickly. Same as RCTN
when an interesting or controversial topic comes up.
Dianne

Old June 1st 04, 05:13 PM
Linda D.

You can always try #stitch on Mirc. I haven't been there for
ages, but I'm sure they would love some newchatters.

take care, Linda

Old June 1st 04, 06:13 PM
Caryn

And that, of course, is a matter of personal opinion, certainly not
speaking for all those reading this thread. Sometimes, on my board, we
actually do rather "chat" in that posts happen quickly. Same as RCTN
when an interesting or controversial topic comes up.
Dianne

Have you ever been in chat?

Chat and message boards are really not even remotely the same thing.

Chat is one sentence at a time, many people talking at once, and it's LIVE.

Message boards lack the complete spontaneity of a LIVE chat, people usually
take a lot more time to consider their words, post long (obviously) messages
stating their case. This doesn't happen in chat.

I don't care how "quickly" people reply to message boards, it's NOT chat, it's
messages. It's like comparing phone calls with emails. Both are forms of
communication, but I think most people would agree they aren't the same thing
at all.

Caryn

Old June 1st 04, 07:50 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Nobody said they were. Do you even read before you respond? I'm not a
total idiot, although at times my messages aren't exactly clear. Let he
who has not sinned etc.
Dianne

Old June 1st 04, 08:10 PM
Caryn

Nobody said they were. Do you even read before you respond? I'm not a
total idiot, although at times my messages aren't exactly clear. Let he
who has not sinned etc.

BDS2pds asked:

Is there a good chat somewhere now that about.com has none?

This was specifically about chat, not message boards. But you said this in
response:

Well, you could always visit "Plain and Fancy"
URL advertisement snipped

When I said that message boards did not equal chat, that they lacked the
immediacy of chat you said this:

And that, of course, is a matter of personal opinion, certainly not
speaking for all those reading this thread. Sometimes, on my board, we
actually do rather "chat" in that posts happen quickly. Same as RCTN
when an interesting or controversial topic comes up.

I read EVERY word before I stated this:

Have you ever been in chat?

Chat and message boards are really not even remotely the same thing.

Chat is one sentence at a time, many people talking at once, and it's LIVE.

Message boards lack the complete spontaneity of a LIVE chat, people usually
take a lot more time to consider their words, post long (obviously) messages
stating their case. This doesn't happen in chat.

I don't care how "quickly" people reply to message boards, it's NOT chat, it's
messages. It's like comparing phone calls with emails. Both are forms of
communication, but I think most people would agree they aren't the same thing
at all.

Now you are saying you didn't say they were equal, when you clearly said it was
a matter of opinion that they weren't.

So what exactly did I misunderstand?

She asked about chat, you recommended your own shop's message boards, when I
pointed out that they weren't chat, you got upset and told me they were "chat"
in that things happened "quickly".

Now you are back-pedalling and claiming you didn't say they were the same.
I've used your own words in this post, so who's the "sinner"?

Old June 1st 04, 09:13 PM
anne

Linda D. said

You can always try #stitch on Mirc. I haven't been there for
ages, but I'm sure they would love some newchatters.

take care, Linda

I use Mirc, the software used to chat, almost daily. Do you know what network
carried the #stitch channel?

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old June 1st 04, 10:35 PM
Anita

Live chats are scheduled for every first Monday of the month.at 7:00 p.m.CST
at www.cyberstitchers.com . I host a live chat at this time on my stitching
site. If you have suggestions for future cross stitch related topics, please
e-mail them to me.

Sincerely,
Anita

--