Stained Glass Blocks

Old November 3rd 05, 04:38 AM
KittyG

Default Stained Glass Blocks

Thanks! Just gorgeous, exactly what I was thinking of.

--
kitty in phx

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

"Anna Belle" wrote in message
On 2 Nov 2005 16:50:00 -0800, "Tina" wrote:

I feel another addiction coming on. I love those stained glass quilts
but despise that bias stuff.

Lead me to the pictures and instructions!

Tina

Mine came from the first book by the same authors as this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

It took a long time to make because I took a break in the middle for
the big C.

Anna Belle

Old November 3rd 05, 04:40 AM
KittyG

No pattern, wondering how I would go about putting one together. Adding
1/4" line to the seam lines of a regular paper pieced block?

--
kitty in phx

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

"Musicmaker" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've done it - in miniature and 6.5 inch blocks. It's fun and easy
with no applique. Don't have pics, though. Do you have a pattern?
Straight edges or curved? I haven't done curved, though I've heard
that it's possible.

Old November 3rd 05, 07:21 AM
Patti

You would have to re-draw it Kitty, I'm afraid, unless it was just
strips when you could probably fudge it.
You would either have to make the existing pieces smaller to accommodate
the 'leading'; or increase the size of the block by a little, by adding
those quarter inch strips to the outside of the pieces.
However, having said that, it would be straightforward enough to do -
and it looks wonderful (I have a whole book of such patterns g)
..
In message Zwgaf.65380$WR2.44055@fed1read03, KittyG
writes
No pattern, wondering how I would go about putting one together. Adding
1/4" line to the seam lines of a regular paper pieced block?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 3rd 05, 12:00 PM
Queen of Squishies

Yes, it works wonderfully!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 3rd 05, 06:56 PM
nzlstar*

i am 'sure' there is somewhere online with the patterns showing of this type
leaded PP blocks and iirc, its a freebie.
now if i could only find it. will post when/if i do. i love this look too.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Patti" wrote...
.

Old November 3rd 05, 10:39 PM
Anna Belle

On 2 Nov 2005 17:26:05 -0800, "Tina" wrote:

OMG, thank you so much Anna! This is definitely one for my wish list!

Hugs,
Tina

Tina,
If you have EQ5 on your wish list, there are three catagories of
Stained Glass blocks in the program. Lots you could do with them by
picking and choosing to put together the designs. Also can be printed
in a variety of sizes.
Send me your snail addy and I will send more info.

Anna Belle
Old November 3rd 05, 11:27 PM
Tina

I can't do EQ5 Anna, they are not Mac friendly! boo hoo

But I am getting QuiltPro for my birthday !!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeee

Hugs,
Tina

Old November 4th 05, 05:26 AM
Cheryl in Oz

Oh Tina. EQ will run on Mac with an emulator - just ask Lynn.

But QP is good too. Hope you will join our Virtual Quilters group for swaps
and Round Robins.
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

ps.com...

Old November 4th 05, 11:57 AM
Tina

Cheryl, what is the Virtual Quilters group? Why do I feel like this
question has been asked before, not too long ago and I too, assumed
that people meant THIS/RCTQ group of virtual quilters?

You'd have to know my husband Cheryl, and how anal he is about Mac
products. My kids get upset on a weekly basis that they can't do
things most of their friends can do on Windows based units. He assures
them they can do ALL the same stuff, only better and when asked about
games and such, he claims that all it takes is an emulator. Well, five
years now, and the kids and I have never, ever seen an "emulator" for
anything we wanted to do/play/etc.

We have learned, if you want to have it/do it in this house, you better
be able to do it via Mac of DH just won't cooperate in any timely
fashion.

But I am looking forward to the QuiltPro and sharing
thoughts/ideas/tips/etc. with those here who already have it and know
how to use it!

Hugs,
Tina

Old November 4th 05, 12:20 PM
Cheryl in Oz

Tina we have a group of rctq'ers that all use computer software - EQ and
QP - and we have challenges, and are currently doing our first Round Robin.
We have some QP users (although they have been a bit quiet lately!) and at
least two who use EQ on Macs.

We have all levels from "I just opened the box, how do I load this" to
pretty expert, and someone in the group can usually answer any questions
someone comes up with. The challenges are a fun way to learn too. If you
are interested we will send you an invite.
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

ups.com...