OT Yes Polly is a tattletale

Old October 27th 05, 04:44 PM
Kate T.

Default OT Yes Polly is a tattletale

Yes ladies I had six count them six cowboys from Lubbock, Texas appear
at my door yesterday. No spurs, but with chain saws. They cut trees
and had a big van with a huge rope that they lassoed those trees with
and rode them all the way to the street where they were corraled neatly
in the ditch next to the street. Yes I got my camera out and took lots
of pictures. No shirts came off because it was too chilly. They even
borrowed my brooms and swept up the driveway.

Yes I got lots of hugs, and oh my were they hugs. I couldn't let them
go so quickly and bought them dinner at a local eatery. They chowed
down on oysters, shrimp, soft shelled crab, crawfish, catfish, grouper,
coleslaw, seafood gumbo, hushpuppies and iced tea.

But alas, they all headed for the bunk house around 7 pm with their
tummies full. They were getting so sleepy.

So to all you ladies in Lubbock Texas thank you for sending your fellas
over here to help me with my storm damage. They were all gentlemen.

Were they eye candy for an old quilter like me, YOU BETCHA!!!!

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old October 27th 05, 06:54 PM
Queen of Squishies

Well - big yeehaws all around for you, Kate!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 27th 05, 11:10 PM
Mary in Washington

How wonderful for you Kate. At least something NICE came out of all
the damage.

Mary (wishing I was there)

A Friend Is Like A Good Bra. Hard to Find, Supportive, Comfortable, And
Always Close To Your Heart!
http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

Old October 27th 05, 11:37 PM
Kate Dicey

Kate T. wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a fun episode after all the mess of the last few weeks!
Enjoy them while you can!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 28th 05, 02:52 AM
Patti S

Some girls have all the luck......
The most I can hope for in Seattle is a lumberjack, a longshoreman, or a
computer geek (sigh).
You WILL post the pix, won't you??

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old October 28th 05, 04:02 AM
Susan Laity Price

The thought of a yard full of cowboys is interesting. I do have a
serious question. Were these cowboys a volunteer group or were they
hired? No jokes please. Now that the World Series is more news worthy
to the Chicago press than people's lives disrupted in the Gulf states,
we don't hear any news from the rebuilding. Are teams of volunteers
still coming to help? Are supplies still arriving? Are building
materials available for those who can rebuild themselves?

Habitat for Humanity will be building several of their "houses in a
box" here in our community. This is such an exciting program. It
sounds a little silly to build a house here then take it apart and
ship it to the Gulf. They explained that by using this approach many
houses can be built while the land is being cleared and foundations
poured. Once the foundations are in place and the "boxes" arrive it
won't take very long to put up a house. With winter arriving soon in
Chicago I don't know what the schedule will be. Since Habitat for
Humanity is usually a very organized group I am sure they have this
all thought through.

Polly, Please let us know how things are going in your area and what
you hear from other areas that received even more damaged.

Susan

Old October 28th 05, 04:40 AM
Polly Esther

Kate's on the other end of the Gulf from us - but her situation is similar.
Let's see - the cowboys are volunteers.
Our county has had 15,000 volunteers in here. We haven't seen any
cowboys, Kate has all the luck.
Heaps of folks still living in tents. Some temp housing trailers have
arrived. Lots of the recipients are not given the keys until all the
hookups are safe and approved. I hear that there's a very young fellow (age
of 5 years) who knows how to pick the locks and works for food, $s or even
just a hug. Those wheels turn too slow. We've had 40° nights so I know
that the homeless are mighty desperate.
Building materials are very, Very difficult to come by. The lines are
endless, the stores' employees are well past exhausted.
Even the grocery stores (for which we are profoundly grateful) are quite
an experience. Many of them are just gone. So are their employees. I
don't mean dead, I just mean they've gone on to live and work somewhere
else. And lots of people are very seriously considering that.
Let me close with the dearest love gift of the day. A high school in
Florida has sent their prom dresses, 300 of them, big, big girls, teeny
little size ones - everybody in between - to a high school here in our
county so our young ones would have something to wear to their Homecoming
Dance. Without this, most of them wouldn't have anything but a school
uniform to wear.
I'm without words. Anybody that wants to say something grim about
today's young people will have to cross my body . . . and, of course, 8,500
gators. Give or take a few. Polly

Old October 28th 05, 05:03 AM
Cappy

Kate, have you seen this fabric? VEG

http://www.tatteredrabbit.com/cgi-bi...d=1#AH6477_SKY

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2B31201C

And you *must* click on the link for the larger image.... grin

Cappy

ups.com...

Old October 28th 05, 12:19 PM
Kate Dicey

Cappy wrote:

Kate, have you seen this fabric? VEG

http://www.tatteredrabbit.com/cgi-bi...d=1#AH6477_SKY

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2B31201C

And you *must* click on the link for the larger image.... grin

Cappy

I don't need no distractions like that!

Old October 28th 05, 02:17 PM
Carolyn McCarty

My, my! Rather a treat, ain't it? LOL

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Cappy" cappy_p @ juno.com wrote in message
Kate, have you seen this fabric? VEG

http://www.tatteredrabbit.com/cgi-bi...d=1#AH6477_SKY

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2B31201C

And you *must* click on the link for the larger image.... grin

Cappy

ups.com...

POLLY UPDATE Dawn >^..^ Beads 2 October 1st 05 09:07 AM
Polly is SAFE - Hurray!!! Patti Quilting 26 September 27th 05 11:56 AM
OT from Polly - ugly Polly Esther Quilting 35 September 9th 05 01:31 PM