AD: Lampwork Workshops in Toledo, Ohio

Old July 19th 03, 05:37 AM
Tink

Default AD: Lampwork Workshops in Toledo, Ohio

I will be teaching several workshops this fall at Gallery B in Toledo, OH.
These are intermediate courses and assume a basic proficiency in lampwork
techniques.

Hollow Beads, a three hour workshop, is offered on three dates:

Sept. 27th 1-4 PM
Oct. 7th 1-4 PM
Nov. 11th 6:30-9:30 PM

Vessels, a six hour workshop, is offered in two sessions:

Oct. 4th 9:30-12:30 and 1-4
Nov. 17th/18th 6:30-9:30

Victorian Florals, a three hour workshop, is offered on three dates:

Sept. 16th 1-4 PM
Oct. 25th 1-4 PM
Nov. 10 6:30-9:30 PM

Classes are small, so make your reservations early! Contact Gini Porritt of
Gallery B for information, pricing and availability ). If
you have any questions regarding the content of the workshops, just email me
at

Gini has an amazing studio setup, and is a gifted and effervescent
lampworker in her own right. We have taught together before, but this will
be my first solo outing. Hope to see you there!
--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 19th 03, 07:14 AM
Christina Peterson

How exciting. What other lampwork have you taught. It should be great fun
for you to see all the ways people interpret your instruction. What fun
(and work)!

Tina

Old July 19th 03, 01:54 PM
Tink

I have always loved teaching, and used to offer weekend workshops for teddy
bear making. It's the 'aha moments' that really do it for me as an
instructor.

I started co-teaching with Gini last year, and it was wonderful! If I
remember correctly, these were strictly beginner classes. Our teaching
styles and philosophies are the same, so we worked particularly well
together. I'm really looking forward to my first solo classes...

Old July 20th 03, 02:53 AM
Tink

The intermediate classes assume a certain comfort level with the flame and
glass. Being able to made a centered bead... Having a respect for but not a
fear of the flame... Someone who has at least a bit of torch time under
their belt.

The classes will be no larger than eight. Gini has an astounding studio
setup, much like Loren Stump's. Classes are held at the Gallery B studio
which has the lampworking classroom adjacent to a hot glass (furnace)
studio. It's a multi-level warehouse, and I LOVE hanging out there!

If someone wanted to come from out of town, I'm sure we could put you up
here for the night, provided you aren't allergic to or opposed to dogs, cats
and large obnoxious parrots. And cowboys.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com
NEW eBay Sto http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Sounds perfect. How large will the classes be? And what kind of things

are
taught in an intermediate class as opposed to a beginners class?