OT baby coming on Sunday

Old May 23rd 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default OT baby coming on Sunday

Much to our surprise, we are scheduled to deliver by c-section at 9am
Sunday morning. I will be exactly 37 weeks and we had an amnio today to
check for lung maturity, which came back fine. We only found out for
definite that a c-section would be best 8 days ago, at which point we
thought it would be the end of the coming week, but then on Tuesday our
doctor expressed that she didn't feel comfortable with the risks of
waiting that long and that we'd do the amnio and give steroids if it was
necessary and deliver on Sunday either way. 37 week babies are still
more likely to need NICU admission even with mature lungs, so we'd
appreciate prayers that the baby will be fine and also that I'd be able
to be awake for the surgery, there are some possible anaethesia issues
and I really do want to see the birth.

Cheers
Anne
Old May 23rd 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Anne,

Prayers are coming your way. My 37 weeker just finished his first year
of college today!

Debbi in SO CA

Old May 23rd 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Prayers ar on their way from SC.
Barbara

Old May 23rd 09, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Really hoping all will be well and that you both recover well and
quickly.
I'm so glad you won't have to go through the pushing etc that did such
damage to you before.
Take care and let us know just as soon as you can.
..
In message , Anne Rogers
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 23rd 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Well very good luck and good wishes from Cornwall Anne. How very excited you
all must be. These happy events ( I was 43) when my last unexpected arrived,
turn out to be the best thing ever.
--
Estelle UK

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old May 26th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Best of luck to you all. I hope all went well.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 27th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Hello Anne,

Just wondering if everything went OK last Sunday.
Are Mother and baby alright?

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.