A Finish and A Start!

Old June 13th 05, 03:41 AM
clancy

You're right - we have to have the others on the side so that we don't make
our main projects big UFO's ... I do that all the time. I'm currently
working on Stan The Wizard from Kustom Krafts - I still love the old guy -
but if I don't get him done soon .... wellllllllll I have been doing lots
of smaller projects on the side just to keep my sanity ... I never knew
there were so many shades of grey, beige, pale pinks and blues - arggggh -
but in the long run - after you've done a good area, it does make a big
difference. My little 'on the side' project is a Yorkie for a friend - more
to it than I thought but she'll love it when it's done. Soooooooo - did you
put the fabric on the scrolls (or whatever) yet for Bagatelle?

Sharon (N.B.)

wrote in message
oups.com...

clancy wrote:
Oh my oh my - is that drop dead gorgeous or what? In what century do

you
think you'll have that one done? :-) I like your choice of mulberry

too -
one of my favourite colours.

Sharon (N.B.)

I've found that the monotone ones go a lot faster than the TW's do. I
finished Long Dog's St Sylvestre, which is about 1/3 (maybe) the size
of Bagatelle in about 4 mos.

Can't say that I'll finish Bagatelle this year..probably not....but I'm
gonna see what happens!

If nothing else, the samplers are a good thing to alternate with the
TW's, Mirabilas and Silver Lining designs also in my current rotation!

Caryn

wrote in message
oups.com...

clancy wrote:
That is absolutely gorgeous Caryn - a lot of work but so worth it.

Is
there
some place one could see Bagatelle?

Sharon (N.B.)

No affliation with this shop, this is just a good picture of the
design!

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Lo...bagatelle.html

I saw the designer's model at my LNS in Alexandria, VA. Just

gorgeous!
I didn't want to use blue fabric, so am going with mulberry instead.

Caryn

Old June 13th 05, 06:03 AM
Tegan

No affliation with this shop, this is just a good picture of the
design!

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Lo...bagatelle.html

I saw the designer's model at my LNS in Alexandria, VA. Just gorgeous!
I didn't want to use blue fabric, so am going with mulberry instead.

Caryn

And don't you know I'm so jealous that you saw the model! The only
finished version I'm likely to see will be my own (as if) and the gods
only know what decade that could happen in! But knowing you've started,
I've been diligently trying to remove all the cat hair that Chen's left
on it in passing so that I can start back up with it. Do you think
you'll do the 'netting' as you go or will you leave it until the end?
What I'm sort of thinking of, provided I get that far before it gets
too hot to stitch at all, is that I'll do the netting as/when I finish
each section. I'm curious about what color you'll use for the netting,
too.
Tegan

Old June 13th 05, 03:46 PM
Joan E.

You can see her he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...66497448ZgsXCy

*Very* nice, Caryn!!! You like the ambitious projects, I see.

I've got my own finish to report, too. On Friday I put the last
stitches into "In His care", a Dimension Gold design. She's been an
on-again-off-again project for about 3 years. Once I get it washed and
ironed I'll try get a scan, although it may be too big for the scanner
I have access to.

My next projects will be Christmas hand towels for coworkers. I've
decided to do one for each of them (10 total) for C'mas out of a book I
got at Nordic Needle last fall (can't remember the title at the moment,
but it has towel and breadcloth patterns).

Until I get the towels, I'm working on a small something-to-do Jiffy
pattern, "Listen to your heart".

Joan

Old June 13th 05, 05:29 PM
Dawn Alguard

You can see her he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...66497448ZgsXCy

Gorgeous. She's really beautiful.

Dawn
Old June 14th 05, 07:03 PM
Margaret Henderson

Your Cinderella is wonderful. I'm not letting my younger daughter see it,
or anything like it, until she can stitch well, because I know she will want
one for her wall! I have enough things waiting in line as it is.

Margaret
Midlothian VA

Old June 14th 05, 07:40 PM

Margaret Henderson wrote:
Your Cinderella is wonderful. I'm not letting my younger daughter see it,
or anything like it, until she can stitch well, because I know she will want
one for her wall! I have enough things waiting in line as it is.

Margaret
Midlothian VA

I know exactly what you are talking about! Three daughters here too,
each with their own tastes. Oldest keeps pushing me to finish TW's
Celestial Dragon cuz she wants it, Middle one keeps bugging me about
framing the mermaid I did for her, and the littlest one wants me to do
one of the fairies in my stash for her.

Caryn

Old June 23rd 05, 05:27 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Caryn,

Refresh my memory. What fabric and count are you going to be using for
Bagatelle. This one is in my to-do pile just waiting for me to find the
right fabric. Because of the size I want to use a higher count fabric
(36 preferably), but I don't want the blue either. A nice dark wine or
a forest green are my goal. I bought a couple small pieces of fabric to
dye at homem but haven't gotten round to it. (When I have the time I
forget and when I remember I don't have the time).

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

wrote:

clancy wrote:

Oh my oh my - is that drop dead gorgeous or what? In what century do you
think you'll have that one done? :-) I like your choice of mulberry too -
one of my favourite colours.

Sharon (N.B.)

I've found that the monotone ones go a lot faster than the TW's do. I
finished Long Dog's St Sylvestre, which is about 1/3 (maybe) the size
of Bagatelle in about 4 mos.

Can't say that I'll finish Bagatelle this year..probably not....but I'm
gonna see what happens!

If nothing else, the samplers are a good thing to alternate with the
TW's, Mirabilas and Silver Lining designs also in my current rotation!

Caryn

wrote in message
groups.com...