A new "let's finish it" group is born!

Old December 31st 03, 12:43 AM
AliceW

Default A new "let's finish it" group is born!

There was a very successful Yahoo group set up last year known as FII2003
(Finish It In 2003). That group was so much fun we have set up FSM2004
(Finish Some More in 2004). This group is open to all. The plan is to
decide what you want to finish and/or start in 2004 and share that with the
group either in an email or as a file. Then each month we share our
accomplishments - or not - with the group. We post pictures of our
projects, support each other through crunch times and cheer the finished
projects. I see that many folks are setting up goals for next year, so if
you have WIPs and PIGS that you plan on finishing next year, feel free to
join. You can reach the group by going to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSM2004

If you need additional info on the group, feel free to email me at alice
hypen wurpel at comcast dot net.

Alice

Old December 31st 03, 12:54 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
You mean y'all don't just Finish your quilts because
Finished Is Good? Huh--go figure....

Ragmop/Sandy--I don't make UFOs ;-)

Old December 31st 03, 12:58 AM
AliceW

Well, we did finish a lot! But, you know how it goes, new stuff gets
started and so now that has to be finished! But I think next year is leap
year, so that extra day will really come in handy! But, you are totally
correct - finished is good, and we had lots of finished quilts too!

Alice

Old December 31st 03, 01:46 AM
Queen of Squishies

I do! I finish my quilts so I can dance in the moonlight. : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old December 31st 03, 01:48 AM
Diana Curtis

How do you avoid the UFO trap?
Im trying to think of all the reasons any of my works has stalled to the
point where I put it on the shelf.
Ran out of steam, became frustrated with the project or ran out of
materials.
Didnt like the fabrics together.
The blocks went together badly.
Something else more fun came along.
How have you managed to keep on going when a lot of us have given up?
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old December 31st 03, 01:54 AM
Sharon Harper

I've still got a just started quilt top (a mix of 4-patch and plain squares)
in my "blocks" box. Hate the thing. It was supposed to be for DSIL's baby
(who is now almost 2) but I hated it so I made him a different one which he
adores. So do I. Unsure what I'll do with this one - just seems too busy.
Maybe pull it apart and use the blocks in 2 different quilts with some
plains.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old December 31st 03, 02:09 AM
Bonnie

Queen of Squishies wrote:
I do! I finish my quilts so I can dance in the moonlight. : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight is a very good thing :-)

--
Bonnie, the Quilt Lady
NJ

Old December 31st 03, 02:58 AM
Jalynne

I have a friend who made a quilt top which frustrated her, then hated it, so she
threw it on the garbage burn pile. There's a couple of blocks i may toss in the
fireplace...seems like a good, permanent option to me. Either that or run the fabric
thru a shredder and use it for stuffing a pillow...lol.

My biggest problem is that i get easily distracted. That quilt that i just finished
took me two years to do when it should have only been a couple of months. The big
reason for that was because i didn't like the fabrics, and i kept getting drawn in by
things i liked more than that. Also, my life tends to get in the way, schedule wise.
oh yeah, and getting sucked into scrapbooking and beading hasn't really helped me
finish quilt projects, either...lol.

--
Jalynne

u...

Old December 31st 03, 03:13 AM
melinda

Sharon Harper wrote:
I've still got a just started quilt top (a mix of 4-patch and plain squares)
in my "blocks" box. Hate the thing. It was supposed to be for DSIL's baby
(who is now almost 2) but I hated it so I made him a different one which he
adores. So do I. Unsure what I'll do with this one - just seems too busy.
Maybe pull it apart and use the blocks in 2 different quilts with some
plains.

How about sending it off to Ronald McD House?

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 31st 03, 03:18 AM
AliceW

Well, you're the exact role model our group is seeking! Come join us and
show us how it's done!
Alice

k.net...