Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Old May 19th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Anna W.

Default Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Does anyone have this book? If so, your opinion please.
http://www.amazon.com/Beading-Caboch.../dp/1579907180

Are there better books on beading cabochons than this one? Funds are limited
so I need the biggest bang for the buck.

Anna W. in Tx

Old May 19th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

I have it and LOVE it! I used it to do the cab that I just posted the other
day. My first few beaded cabs I did using patterns from the Internet, so
you may want to look around first because there's some good stuff for free.

The techniques in the book were a little different from what I'd learned, so
I was glad to expand my knowledge. Also, the photos are GORGEOUS and very
inspiring.

If you get this one, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 19th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

P.S. Keep in mind that I'm a fairly inexperienced seed beader, so that's my
perspective on things.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 19th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I think it's a wonderful book. I haven't bought it yet but I've been
renewing the book from the library for about a month now. lol! It will get
bought most definately though. It is a very well done book with a ton of
pictures and variations of beaded cabs. More than I thought possible to tell
you the truth!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Old May 20th 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Anna W.

It's good to know you've used the book I mentioned because your cabs are so
pretty!! I'm so excited to get started.

Anna W. in Tx

Old May 20th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Anna W.

Oh, I haven't even thought to use the library for that book. Great idea!!
That way, I could get started even sooner.

Anna W. in Tx

Old May 23rd 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I looove the library. Thankfully mine is awesomely stocked and usually there
is at least one new beading book every month or so. I just picked up one
about beaded flowers, which alas, doesn't seem to be for me. But the
pictures sure are pretty!! :-D

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 24th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Anna W.

Hi Valerie...

I went ahead and ordered the cabochon book but I'll definitely be visiting
the library for more books. I'm hoping the book arrives by Friday.

Anna W. in Tx

Old May 24th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Hi Anna,

Our library doesn't have a great selection of beading books, but there's
one I like called: Beaded Jewelry with Found Objects. I've checked it out
several times and have it right now. It has some examples of beaded cabs in
there.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 24th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee Murch

Jerri, I also have that book, as a matter of fact on page 47 is a
necklace made by my
friend, Betty Oliver, her husband sells the dichroic cabs at Quartszite
and does beautiful wire wrapped pieces. She taught me all I know about
beading! Great book!
Marilee

Cabochons John Smith Jewelry 6 April 18th 05 04:13 PM
Looking for denim lapis cabochons [email protected] Beads 0 February 11th 05 03:32 PM
CABOCHONS AND FINDINGS Herosemineral Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 10:27 AM
CABOCHONS AND FINDINGS Herosemineral Beads 0 January 25th 04 10:27 AM
AD: Cabochons for Artists Paul Beads 0 November 30th 03 08:46 AM