art suppliers feeding off artists

Old March 16th 04, 09:19 PM
grizzzlyadam

Default art suppliers feeding off artists

My week started off normal... made my clay order from one of my two
usual suppliers but chose to order 1000 pounds from great lakes clay
co. They say they can get you a freight order in 3 days and make
special arrangements so it doesn't show up frozen(problem in north
midwest winter) SO ANYWAY THE PROBLEM CAME FROM THE FREIGHT
COMPANY... GREAT LAKES CLAY SHIPPED MY ORDER THE SAME DAY... SO IT
SHOULD BE HERE WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY... I GET A CALL FROM A FREIGHT
COMPANY 1 HOUR SOUTH OF ME WHERE MY WIFE ATTENDS COLLEGE... TELLING ME
THEY HAVE MY ORDER AND CAN'T BRING IT UNTIL FRIDAY.... OKAY SO HERE I
WAIT, NOW THEY CALL AND SAY THEY CAN'T BRING IT UNTIL TUESDAY OF THE
FOLLOWING WEEK... I SAY OKAY I'LL JUST CANCEL MY CLASSES MONDAY AND
TUESDAY AND RESUME WEDNESDAY. NOW HE CALLED ME TODAY AND DOESN'T HAVE
A "SMALL ENOUGH TRUCK FOR MY AREA" CAN I WAIT AROUND UNTIL THURSDAY
AND IF NOT IT'LL BE NEXT WEEK.... OKAY! I GUESS I JUST TELL ALL MY
STUDENTS NO CLASS THIS WEEK BECAUSE UHHH.... I BEGAN THINKING WELL IS
THIS FREIGHT COMPANY HEATED OR AM I GONNA GET THIS SHIPMENT FROZEN...
SO I CALLED THE FREIGHT COMPANY BACK AND ASKED IF THEIR WAREHOUSE IS
HEATED HE SAID OH NO WAY!! SO I CALLED GREAT LAKES CLAY AND ASKED WHAT
CAN I DO IT'S BEEN 10 DAYS RIGHT NOW AND IT'S POSSIBLY GOING TO BE
ANOTHER 7 AND THE MAN FROM THEIR FREIGHT COMPANY EVEN OFFERED ME TO
GET A HOLD OF A TRUCK AND DRIVE TO THEIR COMPANY AND PICK IT UP (WHICH
I THOUGHT WAS THE MOST RUDE SOLUTION HE COULD THINK OF SINCE IT COSTS
OVER $120 TO SHIIP WET CLAY) SO GREAT LAKES CLAY TELSS ME THERE'S
NOTHING THEY CAN DO AND NEXT TIME THEY WON'T USE THAT COMPANY TO SHIP
MY CLAY, BUT AS FAR AS WAITING 2 WEEKS FOR MY ORDER OF A 1000 POUNDS
OF FROZEN SOLID CLAY... I GET TO CANCEL ANOTHER WEEKS CLASSES AND WAIT
FOR IT TO SHOW UP AND THEN WAIT FOR IT TO THAW... SO I CALL MY OTHER
SUPPLIER NOT ONE STATE AWAY BUT IN FLORIDA AND THEY SHIPPED ME 1000
POUNDS OF CONE 6 3 DAYS AS PROMISED AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY
SHIPMENT FROM GREAT LAKES CLAY COMPANY AND IF I WANT TO CANCEL MY
ALREADY PAID FOR ORDER THEY'RE GOING TO SUBTRACT $240 DOLLARS FOR
SHIPPING AND 15% RESTOCKING FEE FOR SOMETHING I DON'T EVEN HAVE... I
LIKE THE PRODUCT FROM THIS COMPANY BUT I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH
THESE PEOPLE OR PEOPLE LIKE THEM... THE VERY COMPUTER I'M TYPING ON IS
A PIECE OF JUNK AND WARRANTYS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ALL COMPLETE
FRAUDS... THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WE ALL NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR THEY'LL
CASH YOUR CHECK, CHARGE YOUR CARD, OR TAKE YOUR CASH AND DON'T CARE
NOTHING ABOUT THEIR WORD, OR BUSINESS ETIQUETE OR PROBABLY EVEN KNOW
THE WORD.... IN A TIME WHERE THE ECONOMY IS STRUGGLING EVEN THE BIG
GUYS ARE STRUGGLING SO BE CAUTIOUS BEFORE THEY PAY THEIR BILLS WITH
YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY..... WE POTTERS WORK WAY TOOOOO HARD FOR WHAT
WE'RE PAID DON'T STEAL FROM US ESSPECIALLY WHEN WE'RE OUT OF CLAY... 2
WEEKS OFF MY SCHEDULE HAS MADE ME A LITTLE IRRITABLE..... THANX FOR
THE VENT SESSION..... POWER TO THE PEACEFUL
Old March 16th 04, 09:33 PM
Dr. Sooz

Who the hell are you?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 16th 04, 10:05 PM
mjoann

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Who the hell are you?

Looks like a guy who's having a bad week and is getting screwed by a
supplier. No reason to get nasty with him!

Old March 16th 04, 10:26 PM
Karen_AZ

Someone having a tantrum AND a stuck caps key? rolling eyes

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Who the hell are you?
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old March 16th 04, 10:57 PM
lgreene

stopped reading...was there even a hint of a mention of beads? lol!

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Who the hell are you?
~~
Sooz
-------

Old March 16th 04, 11:05 PM
Dr. Sooz

Looks like a guy who's having a bad week and is getting screwed by a
supplier. No reason to get nasty with him!

No one could accuse you of over-reacting, could they?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 16th 04, 11:10 PM
Beadbimbo

And why are you yelling at us?

--
Jerri (actually, I stopped reading when I got to the "all caps")
www.beadbimbo.com

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Who the hell are you?
~~
Sooz
-------

Old March 16th 04, 11:15 PM
mjoann

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Looks like a guy who's having a bad week and is getting screwed by a
supplier. No reason to get nasty with him!

No one could accuse you of over-reacting, could they?
~~
Sooz

Actually, I know what its like to have a week that bad. That's why I
felt sorry for him. His story is really crappy, and it sounds like he's
out a lot of money.

Old March 17th 04, 06:14 AM
Dr. Sooz

Actually, I know what its like to have a week that bad. That's why I
felt sorry for him. His story is really crappy, and it sounds like he's
out a lot of money.

There's probably not a person in the world who hasn't had a bad week. (If not
worse than bad.) It's no excuse for essentially entering a roomful of
strangers screaming.

I'm glad you're such a compassionate soul, but we've never heard of this person
before, and I don't know you either. Don't expect me to massage his feet and
bring him tea. And don't tell me I'm being nasty when you don't know me,
either.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Question for lampwork artists Debbie B Beads 23 January 28th 04 06:57 AM
AD: Cabochons for Artists Paul Beads 0 November 30th 03 07:46 AM
Lark Books Call For Artists: Found Object Jewelry Tink Beads 0 October 21st 03 11:35 PM
Call for artists who have used my beads.... AD sorta Kandice Seeber Beads 10 August 4th 03 01:21 PM