Focus Fabrics...where are they?

Old January 12th 04, 02:41 AM
M. Wetmore

Default Focus Fabrics...where are they?

Yikes. I went through my stash tonight in search of focus fabrics to
use for my Paper Pieced Stars BOM and I found that ...I don't have
many! Who stole my focus fabrics? Most of my fabrics that I would
consider focus fabrics are either juvenile fabrics or really LOUD
fabrics. What was I thinking? I guess I have to go on a S.E.X. tour
of the on-line fabric stores to find some real focus fabrics.
Darn....

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old January 12th 04, 02:56 AM
Sharon Harper

And I was hoping you wouldn't notice for just a wee bit longer....

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old January 12th 04, 01:41 PM
Pat in Virginia

Cozy: A focus fabric is the fabric chosen by the quilt maker as
the central fabric. Generally it has several colors and values,
and the quilt maker will select her supporting fabric to
complement the focus fabric. This method of fabric selection
helps the quilt maker focus her attention on fabric options that
work nicely together.
PAT in VA/USA
PS: You can use this method to select a nice group and then omit
the focus fabric!

Old January 12th 04, 01:45 PM
Queen of Squishies

Life is rough, but buck up, kid. You can do it.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 12th 04, 04:21 PM
Julia Altshuler

cozy wrote:
I don't think I know the term "focus fabrics". How are they different from
other fabrics?

The focus is a fabric which is:

a) very colorful
b) fairly large in design or repeat
c) something you absolutely adore, something you'll never get tired of,
a fabric you could look at years later and still love.

Focus fabrics are often florals, paisleys, madras plaids. They might be
conversation or novelties though that's never my choice. They're not
2-color stripes or 2-color polka dots, solid looking marbles. Those are
supporting fabrics, not the main event.

--Lia