OT Finally Closing!

Old November 27th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

Default OT Finally Closing!

After much fuss and bother we finally have a closing date!
We close this Friday.
I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the needed papers, so he had to work at top speed because our grant expires on the fourth.

This is splendid news because a chunk of wood in the exterior wall of our kitchen had apparently rotted, and it fell away a couple of weeks ago. the result of that is a hole you can climb through, and the top of it comes up above floor level. It seems to have damaged the plumbing under the sink as well, and there is a very fast leak in the feed line. A big draft and a serious plumbing problem, somehow just the final farewell to this place I would have expected.

Now if the Last Landlord would just get his butt over here so I can give him his termination of residency letter...

NightMist

PS The grant is from a private foundation in conjunction with a bank in Pittsburgh.
It is not a government grant of any sort. Just saying because some relatives and such have given me grief based on assumptions.
Old November 28th 17, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Wow!
What a gift for this season, huh?

Congratulations!

Ginger in CA
[email to reply is ]

Old December 1st 17, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist
Old December 1st 17, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

YEEHAW!!
Congratulations and felicitations.
Liz

Old December 2nd 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 3:06:44 PM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

SUPER!!!!!!! Enjoy it's being yours!
We bought a home in Feb, couldn't move in until May. But it's ours and we can hang all the Family pixs we want!
Butterfly
Old December 2nd 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

yeah!
Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home.

Ginger in CA
[email to respond if ]

Old December 28th 17, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 09:06:44 UTC+11, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

I havent checked in for a while but want to say I have very happy for you.
Old January 12th 18, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
whatnot2love

Congratulations!

Another LQS Closing Debbi[_2_] Quilting 9 May 20th 11 12:54 PM
LNS closing Brenda Lewis Needlework 1 October 24th 05 09:49 PM
WIPs finally finished & pictures finally posted!~ Terbear Quilting 5 January 8th 05 04:02 AM
Finally, finally my kreinik arrived Addie Needlework 2 May 13th 04 07:29 PM
LQS closing Elizabeth Quilting 9 January 25th 04 05:14 PM