A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OT Finally Closing!

Old November 27th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist
external usenet poster

Default OT Finally Closing!

After much fuss and bother we finally have a closing date!
We close this Friday.
I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the needed papers, so he had to work at top speed because our grant expires on the fourth.

This is splendid news because a chunk of wood in the exterior wall of our kitchen had apparently rotted, and it fell away a couple of weeks ago. the result of that is a hole you can climb through, and the top of it comes up above floor level. It seems to have damaged the plumbing under the sink as well, and there is a very fast leak in the feed line. A big draft and a serious plumbing problem, somehow just the final farewell to this place I would have expected.

Now if the Last Landlord would just get his butt over here so I can give him his termination of residency letter...

NightMist

PS The grant is from a private foundation in conjunction with a bank in Pittsburgh.
It is not a government grant of any sort. Just saying because some relatives and such have given me grief based on assumptions.
Ads
Old November 28th 17, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Wow!
What a gift for this season, huh?

Congratulations!

Ginger in CA
[email to reply is ]

On Monday, 27 November 2017 08:05:33 UTC-8, Night Mist wrote:
We close this Friday.
I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the needed papers, so he had to work at top speed because our grant expires on the fourth.

This is splendid news because a chunk of wood in the exterior wall of our kitchen had apparently rotted, and it fell away a couple of weeks ago. the result of that is a hole you can climb through, and the top of it comes up above floor level. It seems to have damaged the plumbing under the sink as well, and there is a very fast leak in the feed line. A big draft and a serious plumbing problem, somehow just the final farewell to this place I would have expected.

Now if the Last Landlord would just get his butt over here so I can give him his termination of residency letter...

NightMist

PS The grant is from a private foundation in conjunction with a bank in Pittsburgh.
It is not a government grant of any sort. Just saying because some relatives and such have given me grief based on assumptions.

Old November 29th 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]
external usenet poster

Congratulations! I hope the closing and the move go smoothly!

Julia in MN
On 11/27/2017 10:05 AM, Night Mist wrote:
We close this Friday.

NightMist

Old December 1st 17, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist
external usenet poster

WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist
Old December 1st 17, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle
external usenet poster

YEEHAW!!
Congratulations and felicitations.
Liz

On 12/1/2017 5:06 PM, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

Old December 2nd 17, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 9:05:33 AM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
We close this Friday.

NightMist

Old December 2nd 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 3:06:44 PM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!

NightMist

SUPER!!!!!!! Enjoy it's being yours!
We bought a home in Feb, couldn't move in until May. But it's ours and we can hang all the Family pixs we want!
Butterfly
Old December 2nd 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

yeah!
Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home.

Ginger in CA
[email to respond if ]

On Friday, 1 December 2017 14:06:44 UTC-8, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!

NightMist

Old December 28th 17, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 09:06:44 UTC+11, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!

NightMist

I havent checked in for a while but want to say I have very happy for you.
Old January 12th 18, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
whatnot2love
external usenet poster

Congratulations!