Enamel & Glass In Same Kiln?

Old October 8th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Dana Crawford

Default Enamel & Glass In Same Kiln?

Can I use the same kiln for both enameling and fusing glass? I read
something that said you can't do this, but no reason why was given.
Does it have to do with using leaded enamels?

Also, is it necessary to have an exhaust hood over the kiln that vents
outdoors, or is this not necessary if I don't use leaded enamels? I'm
assuming that if I only use the kiln for fusing glass, no outside
venting is necessary, but is this true?