Summer SLUMP on rcty

Old July 31st 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Craftkitten

Default Summer SLUMP on rcty

Hi

Well for me I know it's been too hot here to really be on the computer
much. I have been crocheting and knitting but haven't got anythgn
finished.

I know it's quieter than usual but hopefully things will improve
shortly. I hope to be able to be online a bit more now as well.

Darlene
(craftkitten)

YarnWright wrote:
Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?
Summer slumps, YES, we've had them in years past, but THIS year is
ridiculous!
JM2C
Noreen
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 07/29/2006
Tested: 7/30/2006 1:27:20 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 31st 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Erin How nice , are you going to embelish it with other things ??
mirjam

Well, I'm crocheting away but not spending so much time at the
keyboard! I have nearly completed a crocheted, rectangular bag that
started off to be mostly purple. It told me, however, that it WANTED to
have a lot of rust in it and I was forced to comply. Yep, the bag MADE
me do it!!! That's my defense at least!

:-)

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old July 31st 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And me , just having a slow day ,,, not doing too much not lazying it
,,, i stopped counting days , i just take them one at a time,,,
Tomorrow will be better ,
mirjam

Yes it will be better Mirjam .

Shalom Mirjam

Dennis & Gail
Old July 31st 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Wooly wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:27:19 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?

I'm not in a personal slump - quite the opposite as I have plenty to
do and not enough time in which to do it all!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

I am glad to here some one is not in a slump Wooly.

Hope you get caught up soon.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 31st 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading and keeping up with everyone, but not posting that
much. I haven't felt very good for a month or more. I have been
knitting and getting Christmas presents made. I am trying to save
myself some stress at the end of the fall semester. We are also trying
to get ready for the beginning of the school year. My big boy starts
first grade this year!

Hesira

Old July 31st 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Thanks, Mirjam,

It is a big event, and I promise to not cry in front of him (no
promises about after he's gone!). I should be feeling better in a few
weeks, as I start treatment this Friday.

How are YOU doing?

Hesira

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I hope you feel better soon Hesira ,
Congratulations for your son going to 1st grade , it is a big event
for Mummy as well ... [ no tears please]
mirjam

Old July 31st 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Erin How nice , are you going to embelish it with other things ??
mirjam

Yes, but I am not sure exactly what I will add. There will be come type
of leafy-autumny thingies. Kind of vague, I know, but that's all I have
in my mind just now: a very vague idea. It's like when you turn-on a
projector and the picture is fuzzy. You have to turn the knobs a bit to
get it sharp and clear. My mind is still at the fuzzy stage! :-)

Also, I need to look through my trims and buttons, beads, etc and see
what works well with the rust!

Erin

Old July 31st 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Hesira,

Take care of yourself until you're feeling better!

First grade is a big step. The first day of Kindergarten was always the
hardest for me. I made sure I was smiling as my kids left my side but
it didn't last long after they were out of sight

I have a question about the Branching Out scarf. I was thinking of
doing one in a leftover laceweight merino. Would I still want to use
the size 8 needles with that yarn?

BB