Summer SLUMP on rcty

Old July 30th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Summer SLUMP on rcty

Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?
Summer slumps, YES, we've had them in years past, but THIS year is
ridiculous!
JM2C
Noreen
http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 07/29/2006
Tested: 7/30/2006 1:27:20 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 30th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?
Summer slumps, YES, we've had them in years past, but THIS year is
ridiculous!
JM2C
Noreen

Well you know that it's partly because of what happened a couple of months
ago. (I'm not even going to say it - you know what it is). The yahoo group
is as busy as we ever were, but I'm determined to hang in here.

Up here in Manitoba it's so bloody hot that DH & I won't even go outside to
do some gardening work. We had to come in after just 10 minutes out there!
We'll wait and do some of it after supper tonight. I did run around and
water just about everything and will finish up shortly. One of the upsides
to the heat: NO mosquitoes, even thought TPTB say the Culex Tarsalis (West
Nile mosquito) is out and about. I hope they fry!

I don't even feel like knitting today! That said, I'm really happy my
Peacock Feathers shawl is coming along nicely, complete with correct stitch
counts after each group of rows. I have over 300 stitches on the needle
now, and am happy to complete 2 - 4 rows a night. Doing it in cotton is
kind of weird, but the colours are fabulous. I can't wait to post a picture
of it, but it's too soon.

One thing we didn't do last month was post a list of FO's. So I'll start it
off under a new heading. ;)

Sweltering in the heat.......
Shelagh

Old July 30th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:27:19 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?

I'm not in a personal slump - quite the opposite as I have plenty to
do and not enough time in which to do it all!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 30th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

YarnWright wrote:
Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?
Summer slumps, YES, we've had them in years past, but THIS year is
ridiculous!

Well, I'm crocheting away but not spending so much time at the
keyboard! I have nearly completed a crocheted, rectangular bag that
started off to be mostly purple. It told me, however, that it WANTED to
have a lot of rust in it and I was forced to comply. Yep, the bag MADE
me do it!!! That's my defense at least!

:-)

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old July 30th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Midwest poster

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Well you know that it's partly because of what happened a couple of months
ago. (I'm not even going to say it - you know what it is). The yahoo

group
is as busy as we ever were, but I'm determined to hang in here.

Speaking of the Yahoo group, I found a way to get rid of those obnoxious
"spam-low" headers. I did a OE rule that shoves them directly into the
delete folder. So I miss seeing some messages - no biggie as far as I'm
concerned.

Sweltering in the heat.......
Shelagh

It's beastly hot here that I haven't even gone outside since Friday. I can
hardly wait to get out of here tomorrow morning when I leave for
Breckenridge where it is about 30 degrees cooler than here.

--
Jan in MN

Old July 30th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

And me , just having a slow day ,,, not doing too much not lazying it
,,, i stopped counting days , i just take them one at a time,,,
Tomorrow will be better ,
mirjam

Old July 30th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And me , just having a slow day ,,, not doing too much not lazying it
,,, i stopped counting days , i just take them one at a time,,,
Tomorrow will be better ,
mirjam

Thank goodness you checked in, Mirjam, I was about to post asking if
anyone had heard. Glad you can be just lazy.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old July 30th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

YarnWright wrote:
Anybody else besides ME, Dennis and BB noitice that it's slumpier than
usual?
Summer slumps, YES, we've had them in years past, but THIS year is
ridiculous!
JM2C
Noreen

Personally, I'm delighted for a slowdown in the volume of posts. I do
like to hear from everyone, but there are days when I simply cannot keep
up with all the messages. So long as everyone is ok, and checking in,
that's fine by me.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old July 30th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Midwest poster" wrote in message

Speaking of the Yahoo group, I found a way to get rid of those obnoxious
"spam-low" headers. I did a OE rule that shoves them directly into the
delete folder. So I miss seeing some messages - no biggie as far as I'm
concerned.

That's an idea, but I usually read it on the web. I really don't want all
those e-mails coming into my computer. I may give it a try though. Thanks
Jan.

It's beastly hot here that I haven't even gone outside since Friday. I

can
hardly wait to get out of here tomorrow morning when I leave for
Breckenridge where it is about 30 degrees cooler than here.

I associate Breckenridge with skiing.(laugh). I'm sure there are many other
things to do there, and it's always nice to be in the mountains. Are you
going on vacation? Lucky you.

Shelagh

Old July 31st 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Jan, it is partly cloudy (soft, white and fluffy) and 70F here. Will
that do????

Judy